Chapter 5: Kiss Me!

"I've known for the past couple of days" Mom said as she looked at the two, who smiled up at her as they held one another. I stood there with my jaw dropped as I looked at the three of them.

"Uh... what?" Was all I could say. Mom laughed as she walked up to me and help me up the porch steps.

"We'll talk about this later. You however, you have a guest waiting for you in your bedroom." She said as a warm smile grew on her face. I looked at Alexis and Coldie, still baffled by what I just witnessed. Am I high on ice cream? I looked at my mom with a confused look as she had a tear streaming down her face. I raised my eyebrow at this as she eased me into the house. "Hurry up, don't keep them waiting."

"But, mom..." I started but was silenced as she shut the front door on me. I turned around with a still confused expression on my face.

As I walked passed the living room I noted Joel watching T.V. When I got to my room I noticed it was cracked. Thinking it was just Neil; I opened the door and frowned. There was no one there. I scratched the back of my head but when I walked more into my room I saw a piece of paper on my pillow. I picked it up and felt my chest sink into my stomach. I recognized that handwriting...

Dey,

I was waiting in your bedroom, but I figured that wasn't dramatic enough. You'll find me in your backyard. Hurry though, it's freezing out here.

-Yours always, Jessy----

I dropped the note as I ran to the backdoor and flung open the back door only to have the air leave my lungs as I stared at the blonde hair girl swinging back and forth on the chair swing. She looked up and stopped herself as she stood up, but remained there. The wind was whipping up my hair around my face as I stared at the beautiful girl before me. 'Am I dreaming this...?'

"Hey Dey..." She said shyly as she stood where she was. I walked forward, down onto the grass and now in front of her. She didn't disappear like I thought she would though. She smiled up at me. I felt my legs buckle from under me, forcing myself to move quickly to the chair swing. She grabbed my waist to help steady me though. "You okay?" Her angelic voice came again.

"Jessy...?" I asked as she stood before me. She smiled down at me as I looked up at her. Her hand moved to my cheek, forcing my eyes to shut. Gaining my composure, I stood back up and opened my eyes to see myself staring at her crystal blue ones. "I thought... you were in New York?" I asked as I kept my hands on both sides of me. She dropped her hand as she crossed her arms; obviously cold.

"Why do you need to ask such questions, I'm here aren't I?" She asked in her typical tone. I smiled as I finally moved my arms around her and pulled her into me, enjoying the smile she wore now.

"Kiss her already, Deanney! I taught you better than that!" I looked over Jessica's shoulder to gazed at my mother. Everyone, including Joel, just laughed at my expression. I looked back down to Jessica to see a familiar twinkle in her eyes.

"Well...? Are you going to kiss me or what?"