Chapter 29: Hidden Feeling

Deanney POV—-

This... was definitely not what I had planned when I decided to come over. It was awkward as hell as we all sat at their rather large dining room table.
I kept my eyes trained on the plate in front of me as I could feel eyes on me. I looked up to see Jessica looking at me, a curious glint in her eyes.
I looked at the small boy next to her, who wore a green beanie, yet was obviously much older than he was. As I studied everyone at the table I sighed.

Alexis and Coldie seemed to get into deep conversation with Lauren while Mr. Faye and the boy named Nico looked at the newspaper.

When I took a glance at Jessica's mother, she had her eyes trained on me as well, as if she spoke without even saying a word.
Everyone looked up as the chair screeched; Jessica stood up and walked into the kitchen with her plate. I heard Mrs. Faye clear her throat, my attention drawled back to her.

Before I even realized what I was doing, I walked into the kitchen and stared at the girl I was obviously still in love with.

She either didn't know I was there or acted like I wasn't as she stood in front of the sink, running warm water over the dishes. 'Well... here's your chance? Say everything you've ever wanted to...'

"Deanney?" I heard her voice ring in my ear. I shook my head of my thoughts as I looked at the beautiful girl in front of me. "Can we please talk..?" She asked me. My eyes fell from hers slightly.

"I don't know. I really don't think that will be a good idea. I really just came here to give you back all of... the stuff you ever gave me." I explained honestly. She turned the faucet off as she walked over to me.

I looked down at her slightly, my eyes soaked in every part of her as my brain flashed naked images of the two of us. Her jaw clenched as she looked down at my crutches. "Oh I get it. You want to talk to me because of what happened to me huh?" I asked as I felt myself grow angry. She caught my eye as she raised an eyebrow. "I heard that you weren't even planning on seeing me.

If I hadn't of heard Alexis and Coldie talking about seeing you last night, I wouldn't have even known, huh? But... now that I stand before you, you feel the need to make yourself feel better eh?" I watched as she moved back slightly.

"I... didn't want to see you... but not for the reasons you're thinking, Dey." I felt my chest tighten as I heard my all too familiar nickname. I frowned as she continued. "I couldn't handle seeing you. I didn't know if you hated me for leaving all those years ago. I avoided coming home because of you.
No, I'm not blaming you at all so don't get that face." She said a forceful tone. I raised a brow at that. "I was going to see you... just... I really didn't want to."

"Why?" I asked. She gave me a small smile before she placed a warm hand on my neck. I tensed up as she moved her body flushed with mine. Her lips grazed my ear as she whispered into me.

"Because I still want you... and I'm still in love with you..." She said as she pulled back slightly. I didn't get a chance to respond as her lips came in contact with mine.

Again, thanks for reading and please review if you can..