Chapter 37: Moving Back Home

Deanney POV—

Do You think she's ever going to wake up...?" I heard my mother's voice ring into my ears. I groaned as the blinds flew up out of nowhere, the sun bursting into my face. "I think she's waking up."

"What the hell mom?" I muffled into my pillow as I shoved my face deeper into it to escape the sunlight. I heard more than just my mom laugh. I lifted my head from my pillow, shaking it as I looked up to Jessy smiling down at me as well as my sister. "Why are you guys waking me up?" I asked as I finally sat up. Jessica took a seat next to me as she grabbed my hand.

"Well... I have such great news that I wanted everyone to hear it." She smiled at me as she spoke the last word. I leaned back against the headboard for support as I was rather lost as to what she was talking about.

"Which is?" I asked as I ran my spare hand through her hand. She smiled brightly at me as she looked at my mother and sister.

"I'm moving back here; to be with you." She said as she looked back at me. I felt my eyes open completely as I only saw her. She had a smile on her face as she leaned in to kiss me.

"I thought you were joking about that?" I asked with distraught.

"No, I called the Dean of Medicine, and she thought as long as Nico was in a good program she'll sign the release form for him. She also said she was going to vouch for me if I decide to adopt him." I took in a breath as I rubbed my face roughly.

"What's wrong...?" She asked me as she placed a hand on my thigh. I looked up at her then to the woman of my family who both had confused looks upon them as well. I immediately smiled when I noticed they were taking my reaction to all of this badly. I gave Jessica a genuine smile as I grabbed her by the neck and kissed her.

"Nothing's wrong at all. Just took me by surprise is all." I said with all truth behind it as I stood up from my bed, sliding into my flip-flops. Jessica stood up as well as I grabbed her hand. I looked over to my mom to see her smiling and a tear going down her face. "Mom?" I asked with my brow raised. Before she could say anything, Alexis grabbed her shoulders and patted them with a big smile.

"She's just happy that you're happy finally, is all." Alexis commented before smiling at me now. "This is great, seriously. It really it is sis." I smiled as well as I tried to shake the craziness of this situation out of my head. 'I don't even remember falling asleep...'

"Not as great as seeing her lover basically naked last night, huh Deanney?" I felt my eyes grow wide and my cheeks turn bright red as Coldie made her presence known. I looked behind my mother and Alexis to see her leaning lazily against the door frame. Alexis turned around, punching her lightly in the shoulder. "Hey! You admitted it too!"

"Coldie!" Alexis yelled as she yanked her off the door frame, walking officially out of my room.

"Oh my..." My mom said as she looked at an extremely bright red Jessica. She couldn't help the laugh that escaped her mouth as she shook her head, placing a calming hand on both of her shoulders. Jessica's face was almost a purple as my mom finally left, earning a laugh from me.

"Well... that Coldie girl sure does love to make entrances, doesn't she?" Jessy said as she took a seat on my bed. I looked down at her; a half moon grin on my face. She rolled her eyes as she grabbed my hand, pulling me onto her lap. I sighed as I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"She does have her moments, huh? By the way, thanks for the lovely wake up call." I kissed her ear lightly, earning a staggered breath.

"You're welcome. So, what do you think?" She asked as she pulled back slightly. I smiled kindly as I closed my eyes and leaned in to kiss her, my bangs tickling her nose.

"I love it. But... if I'm going to be living with a young boy... I think I should get to know him more." I said as I got off her lap. She frowned as she looked up at me.

A/N: so sweet right? I know this chapter is a bit eeeekkkk I can't point it out... hoping for your kind understanding folks...
see you on the next chapter... :-)