Chapter 18: I Can Breathe Now!

"Our plane leaves in fifteen hours! Are you packed and ready Jessy?" I heard Nico ask as he refolded his new clothes for probably the fifth time this evening. I smiled as I grabbed the folded laundry from him and placing it in his suitcase, zipping it up and placing it on the floor next to his makeshift bed on my couch. "Hey... I wasn't done!"

"You've been refolding those clothes for hours, Nico. I think you've folded them enough." I said as I watched Astro jump up on the couch, laying down by Nico. Nico wrapped his arms around Astro's body as he cuddled up against him. "I told you already; my suitcase is already by the front door ready to go." I said as I stood up and grabbed the two mugs filled with hot chocolate out of the microwave, walking back and handing him one. He smiled as he chugged it down.

"I know, I'm just excited about everything. Plus, I love your dog..." He said as he hugged Astro once more. I took his cup away as I smiled.

"Well, he is pretty great, huh?" I asked as I took a seat next to them. Nico smiled again as he dug his face into his coat.

"Jessica... are planes scary?" He asked as he closed his eyes. I stood up again, placing the mugs in the sink and grabbing a blanket out of the hall closet to place over him.

"No, I personally love them. Are you scared?" I asked as I watched him cling to the dog. Astro looked up at me, confused as to why the tv was being turned off.

"Kinda..." He said in a sleepy voice. "But, if you like them... then..." He yawned. "I guess I'll like them too...."
I looked at the clock and noted that it was eight p.m, his normal time to nap. He didn't say another word after that. I sighed as I heard my phone going, but smiled as I realized who was calling.

"Hey Mom, what's up?" I asked as I walked into my bedroom, laying down on my bed.

"Hey sweetie. I'm just calling to ask how Nico is...." She started. I looked at the ceiling as I waited for the rest of it. "Also... I was wondering...."

"She's not coming. She hasn't talked to me since that day anyway." I sighed, "I'm not expecting her to come." I said as I untied my shoes, kicking them off.

"Well... maybe if you just..." I groaned at that. "I'm just suggesting it, Jessica. No need to get an attitude." She said as I rolled my eyes.

"I know, but it's like I said-." All of a sudden there was a knock on my bedroom door. I looked over to see, of course, Kimmy standing in my doorway, waving my apartment key in her hand. "Mom, I'll call you back."

"Wh-." I closed my phone and sat up, glaring at the taller girl before me.

"Telling your mom shit about me huh?" She asked as she crossed her arms. I rolled my eyes as I stood up.

"Can I have my keys back now?" I asked as I extended my hand as if expecting it from her.
She rolled her eyes as she tossed them to me. I didn't even thank her as I pushed past her, heading towards the kitchen.

"So, that's it huh?" She asked as she obviously followed me. I opened the kitchen drawer, dropping the key inside, and closed it.
"Hello?"

"What do you want me to say, Kim?" I asked as I leaned against the kitchen counter. She looked at me with a look I didn't really care to read.

"Um, maybe an I'm sorry that I choose Nico over you? Or maybe sorry I broke us up?" I looked at her with an amused grin.

"You're joking, right?" I asked, but all she did was scoff. " Wow, what I ever saw in you is beyond me. And, don't you even dare guilt trip me in telling me how wonderful of a girlfriend you are. How about you try and explain all those f*** buddies you had?" I asked as I crossed my arms. I smiled as her jaw dropped and her stance faltering. "That's what I thought."

"How did you even find out?" She nearly yelled out. I walked to the front door, opening it. She scoffed again as she shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever, you bored me anyway." She informed me as she stood in front of me. I looked up at her, my mood not showing anything.

"Can you leave before you make a scene? Nico is still sleeping." I said as I looked over to him.

"So we're over then?" She asked, her voice wavering. I looked back up to her, confused by the tone she was using, I simply nodded though, opening the door wider.
"Wow... I can't believe you're dumping me.... This is new.

But, if you knew I cheated on you, why didn't you break it off then?" She asked as she walked out, but still looked at me. I sighed as I looked away from her.

"I'm, smart. I had a strong hunch, but never any proof.

However, when you started to clean my apartment, take Astro out on walks and cook me dinner, I just knew. I knew from the beginning how you were though. And to be honest with you, I don't love you at all..." I offered a small smile. Her jaw hung open.

"Well... at least I got you to moan, right?" She smirked at me. I gave her another smile at that. "I'll see you around then?" I just nodded. "Peace, Jee."

"Bye." I said as I shut the door. I turned around and smiled when I saw my two boys cuddling on the couch together.

- So, who's happy that Jessica dumped, Kimmy?!—
Next episode will be " humm"!! — "secret"—