Chapter 48: Sealed with a Kiss!

6 months after ------

------ Deanney POV-------

She was working at her desk, headphones blasting music so loud that I could hear it from across the room.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to her, yanking out the buds which made her jump.

"Hey babe," I said chirpily and kissed her cheek.

"Don't scare me like that," she murmured, swiveling in her chair to face me.

She hooked her finger in the collar of my shirt and tugged me down for a proper kiss, making sure to nip me before pulling away. I suppressed a shiver and smiled down at her.

"What're you working on?" I asked as she swiveled back around. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and rested my chin on her head. She brought her hand up to gently stroke my forearm.

"Eh, nothing really important," She shrugged. "Something due next week. What're you up to?"

"I was watching TV, but I got lonely." I nuzzled the top of her head, muffling my next words.

"I feel like we haven't seen each other a lot these last few weeks."

She brought my knuckles to her lips, kissing them gently before sighing. "I know, I've been swamped between my final thesis and work in the hospital" She turned around in her chair and stood up. "But I actually have a few hours to spare right now. Want to do something together?"

I rested my hands on her hips and smiled up at her. "What'd you have in mind?"

She shrugged and glanced off to the side. "We could watch a movie or something. Unless you want to go out somewhere?"

I snorted and looked between us. It was four in the evening and we were both still in our pajamas. "I'm really way too lazy to get dressed."

She laughed. "Fair enough. Movie it is." She kissed my forehead and pulled away. "You get the popcorn and stuff, and I'll get the movie set up."

"Hey, why do you get to choose the movie?" I said indignantly, following her into the living room.

'Cause I'm older." At my scoff, she laughed again. "If I had asked you what you wanted to watch you would have just shrugged and told me to choose something."

I grumbled, refusing to acknowledge that it was true. "Fine. But we're not having popcorn."

"Whatever makes you happy, babe." Her back was to me, but I could hear the smile in her voice. Had she been looking, I would have stuck my tongue out at her. I wandered into the kitchen.

A few minutes later, I walked out with my snack in hand, and flopped down next to Jessica on the couch.

Instantly, she was pulling me into her lap and wrapping her arms around my middle. I smiled and cuddled back into her, noticing that she had turned the lights out.

She pushed a few buttons on the remote, and settled back. "So what are we watching?" I asked her.

"Wall-E."

"Jessica, how old are you?" I asked, smiling. I got a poke to the side in return.

"Hey, plenty of my age still watch Pixar movies, ok?"

"Whatever makes you happy, babe." At the repeated statement, she just scoffed and nuzzled the top of my head. I think I heard a mumbled 'Bite me', but I didn't have time to respond before the movie started playing.

Truth be told, I was extremely pleased with her movie selection. It was really cute and one of my personal Pixar favorites. Much better than that new Brave movie that came out. I didn't really care for that at all.