Chapter 23: Supportive Parents

The ride home was... miserable. Lauren kept trying to make me feel better, but all I did was move away from her. I felt really bad because this wasn't how I wanted Nico's first night to be like, nor did I ever in my life imagine it would be.

I sighed as my dad helped me bring my luggage into my room... which hadn't changed one bit since I left; aside from the extra bed for me to sleep in while Nico had my bed of course. I looked over to see Nico sound asleep as I stood up and closed the door.

When I walked in the living room, I could see both my mom and dad sitting at the dining room table, drinking what I assumed was coffee. They both looked to me and offered me a sheepish smile. I sighed as I sat across from them.

"Is he asleep?" My mother asked as she offered me some of her coffee. I gladly took a long sip as I gave her a half smile.

"Yeah... I feel really bad. I wanted his first night here to be really good... I feel like I messed that up for him though." I frowned as I handed it back to her. I looked at my dad to see him pondering while scratching his moustache.

"I think it's alright, Jessy." He said firstly. "He looked really tired anyway. I'm sure tomorrow will be alright. However... I think we should talk." He commented as he placed his cup down and clasping his hands. I wanted to cry right there.

"Okay... what about?" I asked as I looked from him and my mom. She gave me a sad smile as she looked over to my dad, most likely letting him know to start this off.

"Well... what do you plan on doing about the Deanney situation?" He asked as he leaned forward. I frowned once again as I looked again, leaning back in my chair and folding my arms over my chest.

"What am I supposed to do? I told you what Alexis told me, I can't go see her... plus... I don't think I could anyway..." I expressed honestly as I looked up at them finally. My dad had his thoughtful face on and my mom looked like she wanted to cry. 'Do you guys have the type of parent's that act like this...?'

"I think you should go see her, Jessica." My mother stated as she took a sip of her coffee. I chewed on the inside of my cheek as I looked from her to my dad.

"I agree with your mother, Jessica." My dad said as he gave me that father like look. I sighed in frustration as I leaned back in the chair.

"Did you two not just hear what I said? Alexis wants me to stay away from her... I don't know what she really saw while she was... in that coma... but apparently it had to do with me. I feel like shit mom..." I said as I held back tears, I couldn't let them see how I really was feeling... at least not show it. They looked at me with frowns.