Chapter 25: Face Off

"I'm so tired...." Lauren came in, yawning. Nico and dad said their hellos to her as she took a seat next to me.

"Stayed up all night texting that James fella, huh?" My mom poked fun at her. I laughed as she mused her hair up.

"Leave me alone..." She smiled as she pulled her phone out. Before I could even laugh at her cuteness, the doorbell rang. She looked at me, I looked at my dad who looked at my mom.... And well she looked at me as she was obviously cooking breakfast. Again with the doorbell; this time twice in a row.

I groaned as I fixed my hair in a messy bun, slipping on my shoes and hoodie as I walked lazily to the front door. I unlocked the deadbolt and pulled the chain off.

I felt my throat tighten up and my heart stop as I stared wide eye at the red haired beauty before me.

"Hi to you too." Deanney said as she shoved a box into my arms. Before I could even react she turned around and started walking back down my walkway. I looked around her to see Alexis and Coldie panting behind her.

"Wait! Deanney!" I said, putting the box on the ground, running after her, grabbing her arm and spinning her around.

However... I didn't really get a chance to say anything as her hand came in contact with my face. I stood there shell shocked as I looked at her. She wasn't looking at me, her eyes looking elsewhere. "Deanney..." I said as tears streamed down my face.

"It was nice seeing you again." She said as she offered me a smile, shifted her eyes slightly before leaning in and brushing her lips against the cheek she just slapped. I closed my eyes as I focused on how much I really missed her lips touching me. I tried to control my emotions as she pulled away from me, a sad smile on her face.

"Come on, Deanney..." Alexis said as she placed a hand on her shoulder, turning her around. Deanney listened to her as she turned around completely, leaving me standing there.

—— But, wait, wait, wait, ...let's go backward first, how Deanney found out that Jessica (the love of her life) is in town—-