two

I stroll out of the room after Dad and I hug him goodbye once we get to the exiting doors

I stroll out of the room after Dad and I hug him goodbye once we get to the exiting doors. Once he leaves I decide to try and explore the campus grounds for the day since classes only start on Monday which is in two days. I remembered to lock the dorm room door and take my cellphone with just in case Mom or Dad want to call me later.

The first place I find myself going to is the cafeteria. I remember seeing it when Dad and I were trying to find my dorm room when we first came here. I feel a little worn from the one hour trip from my house to the university. I am so hungry that I could eat just about anything, but I want to save the box of donuts and croissants that Dad packed for me for later. When I step foot into the large cafeteria I smell all different kinds of food. From burgers to pizzas to cupcakes to noodles.

I bump into someone on my way in the room, but they hold me by my waist so that I do not plummet onto the hard tiled ground. My eyes trail up to be met by a pair of mysterious blue ones. The guy who caught me offers a small gorgeous smile that makes me warm.

"Oh I am so sorry." I stutter nervously, my eyes never looking away from his.

He has me captivated with his eyes. They lure me in until I blink and realise the situation unfolding. He speaks for the first time in a smooth tone, "You should watch where you are going Princess. You do not want to bump into some weirdos."

"Oh yes... sorry I was..." I internally slap my forehead in humiliation. So much for good first impressions. I notice that not only are his eyes beautiful, but his voice is just as beautiful. It is gruffy and hoarse, as if he has been shouting before, and it is deep. I really like it when guys have deep voices. They are delightful to hear all-day long.

I am jerked back to actuality when the boy looks ahead of me, behind my shoulder, then nods his head at someone. "This is my cue to go I guess," he turns back to me to winks.

"Oh yes, sorry for keeping you." I quickly ramble.

"Do not worry about it. This was a pretty nice encounter." he admits to himself with a shrug. "You are new here aren't you?"

"Yes I am. Is it that obvious?"

He closes his eyes and tilts his head up just a little bit as he chortles softly. "Yeah just a tad bit. Don't you worry."

I slowly incline my head, "Yes right."

"You were going to the cafeteria right?" he points to the cafeteria that is on my left, his right. I agree with him.

"Do not by any chance order the pizzas here. They are hella dry." he cautions, advising me wisely.

"I shall keep that in mind. Thank you kind sir." I laugh at my own joke and he joins me.

"Yes yes mademoiselle. I really should get going. Romeo is not as patient today as he usually is." he steps around me and I get to inhale his woody strong cologne. It smells very expensive and I enjoy it whiffing and clouding me.

"I hope to see you around angel." he grins at me before he jogs to his friend who I assume to be the Romeo he was just talking about. This is only when I realize that I did not catch his name, but when I turn back around he disappears into the next hallways.