three

After getting a tortilla wrap for myself - with meat and all sorts of other ingredients - I slowly devour it as I sit alone at a vacant table in the cafeteria

After getting a tortilla wrap for myself - with meat and all sorts of other ingredients - I slowly devour it as I sit alone at a vacant table in the cafeteria. My next stop has to be the library. I have been elevated to visit it ever since I was just in Junior High. I love reading so it is definitely going to be my favorite go-to place. It is one of the largest libraries in the whole entire country with all the books you can get from all around the world. I definitely will not be disappointed.

I do not have an exact idea of what book I want to take out, borrow and read, but I find my legs leading me to the romance factor of the room where barely anyone is at. As a matter of fact there are probably twenty people that I saw when I entered the library through its many entrances. Once I get to the romance section, I stare at the twenty foot bookshelf from the bottom its very top. It is so long and tall that you would require a ladder to get to the top.

My eyes analyse all the books from the authors whose last names start with an 'A' all the way to 'Z.' I go back to the letter 'A' and stop at Jane Austen. Just as I am about to pick up Pride And Prejudice, someone else on the other side pulls it towards them as well.

I watch the owner of the hand that pulled the book through the empty spot where the book used to be. An attractive, sightly girl looks up from beneath her thick-rimmed glasses. She apologizes when she becomes aware that I was also trying to take the book that she has taken. She comes around the large shelf with a face so red it reminds me of the color of Dad's famous tomato soup that he has started making for the diner. The girl starts to say, "Oh my goodness! I apologize profusely for taking the book. I never knew that someone else was going to even be in this section."

I chortle in agreement with her, "I am surprised that there are even people in the library itself."

"That is so true. I mean, this is varsity. I would think that this life is all about partying and all that crap." she mumbles truthfully.

She approached me and holds her hand out to introduce herself. "Hey, I am Ruth Lewis. I am in my Freshman Year if you had not noticed."

"Oh I did notice. Trust me. I am a Freshman as well." I shake her hand. "The name is Autumn Chastain."

"So are you from around here?" Ruth inquires in curious tone while the two of us stroll to the front desk to check out the book together.

"Oh no, dear. I am from Ottawa. And you?"

"I originally come from Winnipeg, but my mother got married to some rich guy from around here so here I am now. In Toronto." Ruth sounds like she is having a hard time with her mother's new marriage.

Before I can ask her about it a male voice interrupts me, "Good morning, ladies."

"Yes hello," Ruth waves at the boy behind the counter. "Hi," I smile at him warmly.

"So you are just checking out one book?" he frowns.

Ruth and I nod.

He raises his thick brown brows and narrows his dark eyes at us He does not believe us. "For the both of you?"

"Dude, what is this? An interview with the Dean? Just stamp the book or do whatever it is that you have to do so that we can go." I glare at him and cross my arms on my chest.

"Alright, alright!" he then grumbles to himself saying, "And they say all Canadians are polite."

Ruth gapes at him in disbelief, "If you are not Canadian, what are you?"

"I am a proud American citizen. You people are too weird for me." the boy replies pridefully.

"Is it illegal to tape his mouth with my sanitary pads?" Ruth retorts making the guy keep his mouth shuts for once. He does his job quietly and once he is done Ruth thanks him. We are finally able to leave the library.