five

When I get to my dormitory room - I do not know why - but I am surprised when I find that the door is unlocked

When I get to my dormitory room - I do not know why - but I am surprised when I find that the door is unlocked. What did I expect? I have a roommate now. It is not like back home where I have my own privacy. My own room. Pushing open the door I am surprised to see the messy debris of broken glass and other items that are just simply scattered on the floor. This is strange, I think internally. I honestly thought that my roommate was a perfectionist with a little bit of OCD, but this all changes when I come to a messy room.

My heart skips a beat when I hear an angry masculine growl coming from the bathroom. This is just before a shirtless guy walks out the door. This increases my levels of confusion.

"Excuse me, what are you doing in my room?" I find the courage to ask him.

When he turns around I recognize him as the gorgeous boy whom I bumped into earlier in the hallway. He gives me a once over and questions, "Your room? What are you doing in my room?"

His voice is raised when he speaks and his eyes do not look as innocent as they did before. Now they look more obscure and tortured... and mostly angry. His has a light stubble that forms around his jaw and cheeks. He still looks as handsome as I saw him, but not as sober.

It finally clicks in my head that he is my roommate. He is the one who reads the Percy Jackson series books. The owner of those Vape pens. He is the mystery guy who I thought was a girl. It all makes sense now.

"Oh my goodness. We are roommates." I exclaim and it still finds a way to sound crazy when I say it out loud.

"Of course we are. Thanks a lot Stokes. Paired me up with a girl this year." the guy furiously grumbles to himself.

"So what happened in here?" I lean down to pick up his books and place them back on the table.

He marches across the room from the bathroom, which is on my side of the room, just to fix the way I set the books. Perfectionist alright. "What happened is none of your business and do not touch my stuff." he responds coldly.

I sigh trying to remain calm - "Alright well I am Autumn."

In his gruffy voice he grumbles his name - "Nick."

"Oh nice to meet you Ni - hey are you okay?" I watch as he stumbles back then rush to his side before he can bump his head on the coat hanger. I pull him towards me not knowing how heavy he actually is. With great force we both fall onto his bed, him on top and me at the bottom. I scrunch my nose in disgust when his breath reeks of alcohol.

"Nick get off of me," I tap his head that lays on my tummy.

He snores lightly and speaks in his sleep, "No leave me alone.

I roughly shake his shoulders and he jolts up awake. He checks his surroundings and when his eyes land on me, he narrows them suspiciously, "You again. Now you are in my bed."

"Well maybe if you get off of me I will gladly leave your bed." I push him off of me and he co-operatively moves out of my way.

"So where are you from?" he casually slurs his words as he lays on his bed, on his belly.

"Go to bed. It is late."

"You're not my Mom." he whines.

I switch off his lamp and mine before I start to undress in the dark with my back facing him. I put on one of my old t-shirts and take off my bra. I get under my covers and close my eyes. Once it is quiet I believe that Nick is already asleep. Ah I can finally fall asleep peacefully after a long day. At least that what I thought. Five minutes do not go pass before Nick calls out my name.

"Autumn?" he whispers quietly.

I stay quiet and hope that he will just get the message that I am trying to fall asleep. "Are you sleeping?" he questions. When I do not answer him again he sighs in despair.

"I cannot find any sleep." he admits. "I had too much to drink and smoke. I first had some tequilawine then Vince thought it would be a good idea to - "

I intervene, cutting him short - "Nick I am trying to sleep okay? Can you please just try to as well? We will talk tomorrow."

"Oh sorry," he sounds disappointed.

"It is okay just be quiet and fall asleep." I allege. "Count sheep if you must."

After two minutes I eventually hear him snore and I smile with satisfaction. Good, now I can finally sleep. I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep. The fluffy soft blanket that mom packed for me is so comfortable. It kind of makes me miss home and that makes me sad. My dream about bring home is interrupted when Nick suddenly falls off his bed.

Doof!

I shake my head and groan, "You have got to be kidding me."