It's Time

A/n I do not own modern family or any of its characters

Leahs POV February 13 4:00

"Come on mom I have to be there in an hour." I say with placing my last bag in the trunk of our car.
"Oh I can't believe my little girl is going to Be living out her dreams," she says pulling me into a tight hug.
"I know mom I can't wait." I say hugging her back.
"That's good honey." She says I can see she is really emotional. I hate seeing her like this.
"I will come back every year and phone every single day." I say beginning to cry myself.
"I can't believe my little princess is all grown up." My dad says kissing me on the head.

My brother comes walking down the stairs. He is wearing his nicest clothes and I know why. For a while now he has liked my best friend and he thinks now that I am leaving he can just swoop in and grab her.

"You are looking real smart for a trip to the airport." I say with a smirk.
"Whatever." He says. Typical teenager.
"You better miss me." I say kissing him on the forehead.
"Ew, gross, save the kissing for your boyfriend." He says as he pulls away. I just roll my eyes at him.

My best friend arrives and we leave for the airport. Leaving home was really emotional. I didn't stop crying till I boarded. I was really going to miss them. I got on that plane and just relaxed because in the back of my mind I knew I would have a 24 hour flight ahead of me.

Luke's POV February 13 10:00

I went downstairs I could smell the pancakes cooking. I was nervous seriously nervous. Today was the day. She arrives today. I walk into the kitchen to find my whole family which was unusual at 10:00.

"Hey guys." I say grabbing an apple out the bowl.
They all say hi.
"Today is the big day bud." My dad says with a smile on his face.
"I know. I can't wait to finally see her in person."
"Thats sweet Luke, but it is a whole new place for her. It's gonna be quite the culture shock." My mom says placing her place in the sink.
"I told her that when she gets here we are going to grandpas and she seemed fine with it." I reply taking a bite of my apple.
"I think we are all just excited." Haley says with a mouth full of toast

I nod a her before checking her flight.

"Oh my God." I say realizing that her flight was moved up.
"What!" Alex says with a terrified look on her face.
"Her flight is early we have To go now!" I say stressing that we may be late.

Everyone runs to thier room and gets dressed as quickly as possible. We all jump in the mini van and leave. We get there just in time. I quickly jump out and run to arrivals with 5 minutes to spare. I have a whole bouquet of roses because I know she loves them. Everyone take a while to get out the car so when she walks through the gates I am the only one there she runs to me and I run to her. We meet in the middle and I lift her off the ground and into my arms giving her a passionate kiss and she kisses me back.

Leahs POV February 13 11:00

My plane lands and I can't help but have butterflies. I have had a long flight but I try to stay awake because in the back of my mind I know that today is the day I meet everyone in person. I don't know who to expect at the gate because I know Luke is coming but I am not sure about the family.

I collect my bags and brace myself because what happens next is a moment I want to remember forever. As soon as I see Luke I instantly start to run toward him. He lifts me up and gently but passionately kisses me. I didnt want to let go but out the corner of my eye I see the rest of the family so Tell him to put me down.

"Hi babe," I say with a smile  blushing from our kiss.
"Hi baby," He says smiling his usual welcoming smile at me.

I take his hand in mine and I run towards the family. Haley, Alex, Mr and Mrs dunphy are all there alongside g with Bill and Dylan.

"Girls!" I scream as I pull Alex into a bear hug and gently hug Haley being mindful of her baby bump. I look at Mr and Mrs dunphy.

"Mr and Mrs dunphy" I say with a smile. Stretching out my hand.
"Please call me Claire" she says pulling me into a hug.
"Yeah and you can call me Phil" he says joining the hug.
"Of course, it is so nice to meet you," I say as we pull away from the hug.

I take Luke's hand and see Dylan and Bill.

"Nice to meet you. You must be Dylan and Bill." I say once again shaking their hand.

They both say hi and I can't help but hear Dylan tell Haley that Mrs... I Mean Claire still doesn't let him call her Claire.

"I am so happy to finally see you all." I say
Just then Luke gives me the flowers and a kiss along with them. Gees he sure can kiss. "Not now" I whisper in his ear and he giggles.
"Okay you love birds we have to get going." Haley says with a smirk. "Genius over here parked in a no park zone." She says smiling at Dylan.
"Let's go," I say happily.
"Gees, she has a weird accent." I hear Dylan say as he looks at Haley.

Haley just laughs

We walk to the car I had like five bags of clothes. I brought everything. Luke was pushing a cart with one hand and holding me in the other. We get In the car and the next thing I remember was waking up on Luke's bed. I got a bit of a shock. I must have fallen asleep on Luke's shoulder and he carried me inside. He is so sweet. I check the time 17:00. Oh god, I have to get ready.

Luke's POV February 13 11:10

We had just gotten in the car and I noticed Leah falling asleep on my shoulder. It was the cutest thing. I look over at Haley and she tells me to leave her there, so that's what I did. When we got home I carried her out of the car up to my room. I took her bags inside and let her sleep but I would have to wake her up at 17:00. I walk downstairs and see everyone waiting on the sofas downstairs.

"What?" I ask as they stare at me.
"Do you not like her." I add very worried.
"No she's great it's just our Luke is all grown up." My mom says with a sad smile.
"Yeah Luke I have never seen you kiss a girl like that before." Alex says a look I can't quite understand on her face.
"My little bro learnt from the best." Haley says looking at Dylan. My mom shoots her a look, and we laugh in response.
"Yeah well she is just real different from girls I usually date." I say with a smile
"Okay well we have to be at grandpas by 19:00 till then we will give you your privacy." My mom says. I think this is the first time she has actually liked a girl I bought home.

💕💕💕

Hi chapter 3 💫 did you enjoy it? Leave a comment. I love you all ❤️

- L

💕💕💕