Breakfast?

I do not own modern family or any of its characters.

Leahs POV April 20 8:00

It been about two months since I arrived in Los Angeles and everything is going well so far. Luke and I are in a good place and everything is going well in school. I love it here and I love my place. I am so grateful I moved even though I really miss my family, but we speak everyday. I get a call from Luke and I pick up the phone.

"Hey babe." I say a smile spreading on my face.

"Hey Leah, do you have class today?" He asks sounding kind nervous.

"No, ah not today." I say as I flip through some study notes I made last night.

"Okay do you want to go out to breakfast?"  He asks his voice still kind of shaky.

"Yeah sure, the usual place?" I ask suspiciously as I begin to grab my things.

"Yeah, I'll see you there." He says weirdly.

"Okay bye babe see you there." I say kindly trying to get him to cheer him up

"Yeah bye see you." He says before abruptly ending the call.

That was weird.

I quickly get ready and head to the usual place a small coffe place just across the street from my place. When I arrive I see Luke sitting in the usual spot.

"Hey baby." He says kissing me.

"Hey babe what's up?" I ask trying to figure out why he was acting different on the phone.

"Oh ah I have to ask you something?" He says nervously playing with his hands.

"Yeah what?" I say as I sip the tea he had ordered me.

"I um ah... I was thinking about maybe buying an ah...an apartment together and I was wondering if you were up for it." He says nervously not looking up at me but instead his eyes stay fixed on his coffee.

"Wow Luke moving in together that's a big step." I say quite shocked at the sudden question. I mean we haven't ever spoken about it.

"Well I think we're ready I mean I have a steady job at my dads realty firm, and we can afford it." He says rambling on trying to convince me. I smile gently at him and place my hand on top of his shaking one.

"Okay sure Luke I would love to move in with you. I mean you basically live at my place now, so how about you move in there for now and we see how things go?" I ask as I smile sweetly at him trying to get him to make eye contact.

"Wow really you are willing to let me move in." He says as he finally looks up nervously at me from his coffee.

"Yeah why not I mean we are in love and you sleep there half the time anyway." I say with a smirk as I kiss his cheek.

"I can't believe you actually said yes." He says kind of shocked as he takes my hand in his.

"Well believe it." I say with a smile as I run my fingers over his knuckles.

"This is actually happening." He says looking down at me while I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah it is." I say smiling while I feel the warmth in my cheeks.

"My sisters will be thrilled." He says with a laugh.

Haley and Alex really liked me or at least that's what I think. I mean they are very kind to me and are supportive of Luke and my relationship. They always have to know every detail of what's going on and they are basically my best friends here in America. We talk all the time and we tell each other everything about our relationships and lives.