Chapter 34 - Shes Coming!

Leah's POV

I wake up with an extreme pain in my lower abdomen, and when I try to move it makes things feel worse.
"Luke I think she's coming," I say as I gently shake him away.
"What's that baby?" He says calmly as he rubs his eyes. "She's coming!" I scream in pain. "Oh my God! are you sure?" "Pretty Positive," I say in pain. "I think my water just broke!" "Okay okay don't worry I'll go grab the bag. She will be fine." He says as he tries to calm me down. "Hurry! I think something is wrong! She is coming two months early. "Okay let's go," Luke says as he picks me up bridal size and carries me to the car

Xxx

"Okay Leah its time to push," Dr Matthews says as she checks how far along I am. I have only been at the hospital for a few hours as I was already pretty far into labour when my water broke. "Will she be okay?" I ask as tears pour down my face from both pain and stress. (I was too far along to get an epidural) "Leah you and I both know I can't say," she replies sadly which only makes me cry more.

"Don't worry Leah everything will be okay. We will get through this," Luke whispers in my ear as he kisses my head and tries to calm me down but I know that he is also crying. "Did I do something wrong? Was she hurt when I was in a coma. Luke is this all my fault." "No no no this is not your fault, okay? don't say that she will be okay and if she is anything like her mother she will make it through anything."

"Leah it's time to push," Dr Matthews says as she smiles slightly at me. I nod and take a deep breath. "On three. 1, 2, 3."

"Owwwww"

2 hours later

"Luke I cant go on any longer," I say out of breath and energy.

"Come on baby just a few more pushes and our baby girl will be here," he says as he wipes the sweat off my head and places kisses me.

"I can't," I say to tired to even speak.

"Please baby one more time for me," he begs with a puppy dog face and when I feel my next contraction I push. Only to have the pain stop and the sound of my weeping daughter fill the room.

"I hope you take in every moment because I think she is our first and last child," I say with a smile.

"We shall see," he says with a smirk and goes over to where the doctors are looking after our baby girl.

Luke stands over the nurses shoulders as they take care of her. Watching there every move as to see if they are making any mistakes. He smiles at me and says "She is the most perfect thing I have ever seen."

After a few minutes the nurses hand Luke our daughter but say we only have a few minutes with her as she is so premature and needs to be put in an incubator urgently . He takes he every carefully as though she could break at any moment and immediately begins crying. "She's so small," he says as he walks over to me.

I get the first real glimpse of my baby girls face. She is beautiful with stunning blue eyes like my fathers and the brown hair that Luke and I share. Luke places her on my chest and I pull her close. Everything just feels so right.

"She is amazing," I say as I look down at her. Luke nods and kisses my forehead. "What should we name her?" I ask.

"Well a few days before you told me about her I had this dream where the two of us were under a willow tree watching a little girl play in front of us so I was thinking we could name her Willow."

"Willow  it's perfect just like her. Welcome to the world Willow May Dunphy." I say

"I'm sorry ma'am we have to take her now," the nurse says and I begin to cry as she leaves my chest Luke doing the same while trying to comfort me."