Chapter 23 - Engagement Party

Luke's POV

It was official I was going to make Leah James my wife and as I placed the ring on my beautiful fiancées finger I could see the spark in her beautiful hazel eyes as she looked down at me in shock.
"How did I find somebody so amazing?" She asks as she lifts me into her arms and kisses me.
"I think the question is how did I," I reply with a smile as place on a blindfold and take her hand, leading her to the party I planned to celebrate.

We walk down the secret stairway that leads to the waterfall and head down to the beach where we are greeted by both of our families and Leah's few close friends.

I remove her blindfold and everyone waits anxiously on the beach. "We are getting married," Leah says excitedly as she hold up her left hand.

My sisters and Leah's closest friend Sophie shriek and run towards us encasing the beaming Leah in a group hug. "My besties getting married," Sophie says as a stray tear slips from her eye. "Ahhh, we are going to be sisters," Haley says as she Incase's Leah in another hug making Leah and the rest of the girls laugh.

"Congrats little bro," Alex says as she hugs me and ruffles my curls slightly. I smile at her and thank her. I walk over to Leah's adoptive parents and her mother, lily, pulls us both into a hug. "I'm so happy for you both," She says as she let's go and takes hold of Leah's hand observing her ring.

"Our baby is growing up," her father ,Theo, says as he hugs her. He turns to me and shakes my hand, "look after her," He says as he let's go.

"I can't believe somebody actually wants to marry you," Gale Leah's brother says playfully as he hugs her. "Ah, don't worry little bro, you will catch a break one day," Leah says as she slightly ruffles his hair. "Haha very funny," He says rolling his eye. "But really congrats sis, Luke if you hurt her I will hunt you down," he adds just before he turns back to some friend he brought with him.

Leah turns to me and I wrap my arms around my waist. I kiss her gently before she says," I can't believe we are getting married." " I know it's a dream come true," I reply as I once again place my lips on hers. She pulls away and smiles at me. "Later," She adds with a wink before taking my hand and leading me over to my parents.

"My Luke is getting married," my dad says as he pulls me into a bear hug and hugs Leah. Leah smiles at him. "Yeah our little boy is
growing up," my mom says before pinching my cheek. Leah chuckles slightly.

"Ai, that's such a beautiful ring," Gloria says as she comes up to us and takes Leah hand I hers.
"Thank you, it is stunning Luke knows me so well," Leah says as she looks up at me and pecks my lips. I smirk at her and wrap my arm around my waist.

Just then two very excited two year olds run up to us and Alexa jumps into Leah's arms. Leah is Alexa's favorite it's so obvious. The twins absolutely love her and are always asking for her according to Haley. She would be such a good mother.

"Hey monkey, what's up," Leah says as she scoops up Alexa and gives her a high five, but Alexa is too mesmerized by Leah's ring to answer. "It's so pretty. Can I have one," she says as she spins it on Leah's finger. "Maybe one day," leah says with a laugh as she sees the look of fascination on Alexa's face. "Really?" Alexa asks in pure amazement as she looks up at Leah. "Yeah of course!" Leah says. "Yay! I'm gonna go tell mommy!" Alexa says as she runs off to Haley. Leah looks to me and laughs. I shake my head at my niece.

Soon Jason is tugging at my leg. "Hey little man!" I say as I bend down to his level. He smiles at me and waves for me to come closer.I move my ear to his lips. "Don't be mean to aunt Leah," he says with a giggle before moving away and looking at me. "I won't I promise," I say seriously as I ruffle his hair. "Pinkie promise," he says as he holds out his pinkie. "Pinky promise," I say as I lock his finger with mine. He nods his head and runs to Alexa.

I glance up and find Leah staring down at me. When she sees me she looks away blushing. "Don't be embarrassed baby, it's cute when you blush," I say as I kiss her head. She nods and giggles slightly.

Just then Mitch and Cam bring us two glasses of champagne. "To Luke and Leah," they say as they raise their glass. We all do the same.

Xxx

That night when the party is done Leah leads me to another bedroom in a different part of the hotel to our families. "Honeymoon suite, thought it suited the occasion," She says with a smirk as she closed the door behind her.
"Good thinking my beautiful fiancée," I say as I wrap my arms around my arms around her waist. "I love you," She says before crashing her lips down on mine. I slip of my suit jacket and she starts to unbutton my shirt. I rip it off and slip off her dress. "Beautiful," I say as I kiss down her collarbone.

Xxx

5 days later we had to fly back home when Dr. Matthews called her telling her about a breakthrough in their research. The goodbyes were hard for her I know she misses her family but I promised her we would come back. For a few months things went back to normal with the occasional plan being made for our wedding. We were in no rush because of how young we both were. But then one day that all changed...

💕💕💕
I'm sorry that cliffhanger was mean, but not everything can be unicorns and rainbows all the time. I hope you enjoyed this chapter it was sort of a filler, but it's something. Thank you once again for all the support please carry on liking, voting and commenting. I love you all ❤️ see you soon 💫🔥
-L

💕💕💕