Girls day out

A/n I do not own modern family or any of its characters.

Leah's POV February 15 8:00

I woke up the next morning and I got up early so that I could make us breakfast. Just something little to say thank you for the amazing day we had yesterday

"Morning baby." He whispers in my ear. It takes my by surprise and I immediately react jumping away from him. I breath deeply as I feel my anxiety slowly creeping in, trying to keep myself from having a flashback.

"Breathe calm down count to ten," Luke says as he slowly rubs my back and pulls me into a hug.

"It's okay, it's just me. You are safe. He is not here," he repeats in my ear as I try to stop my heart from racing.

"Lean on me. Do you feel like you are going to pass out?" He asks as he supports me, basically stopping me from falling to the ground.

I shake my head as the room slowly stops spinning and I begin to catch my breath.
It's over. I tell myself again and again. My anxiety and PTSD seem to always take me by surprise, this is the first attack I have had in months. The story leading to them one I am not ready to share.

"Thank you. I'm okay now," I say as I move my head so his lips connect with mine.

He nods and kisses my head.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asks as he patiently waits for me to catch my breath.

I just place my head in his chest. "I got a shock and it took me back," I reply. "I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean to do that," he replies. "It's okay, you didn't know it would trigger me. We are still getting used to being so close to one another and we have to figure out the dynamics of how this is going to work," I say. He nods his head in response.

"What you making?" He asks as he wraps his arms around my neck and pears down at the food.

"Pancakes," I say as I flip one of then in the pan revealing a burnt side. I sigh taking it out of the pan. "Well trying," I add as I walk to the trash can to throw it away.

Hayley had told me multiple times that pancakes were his favorite.

"My favorite, how did you know?" He asks as places a kiss on my head.

"A little birdie told me." I say smirking at him

"Did you enjoy your Valentine's Day?" He asks as he walks around the counter and sits on a stool on the other side.

"I sure did. It was the best I have ever had but only because I spent it with you." I say as I lift my head slight so my brown eyes meet his.

My mom called a little later we spoke for awhile but after that Luke asked me a question I have been dreading since I arrived.

"Hey baby, I've met your whole family but you never speak about your friends."

Luke knows almost everything about me except for one thing. When I was a kid I had some serious issues with my body image and my weight I didn't always have my now figure. It was tough I was constantly make fun of and bullied by the other kids. I didn't have many friends and the friends I did have didn't last very long only my best friend Sophie. To cope with the bullies I buried myself in books and studied my ass off.

I soon realized that people can be very fake because as soon as I lost the weight and pubity hit, everyone wanted to be my friend and all the guys my boyfriend. It made it hard for me to trust people and I kind of just kept everyone out and threw myself into the books to avoid trouble.

"I um don't really have many friends." I say looking at the beach out of the window while I still lie on the couch wrapped in his arms.

"Yeah right, a beautiful girl like you was probably the most popular person in the school," He says as he plays with my charm bracelet.