Chapter 32 - Gender reveal

Luke's POV

My alarm goes off and I get wake up to the beautiful sight of my wife. I smile as I see her laying on her side. Her hand has absentmindedly drifted to her bump. A very common occurrence these days. In just 18 weeks I'm going to be a dad and I cant wait. I place my hand on top of Leah's and smile at her.

"Leah you have to wake up babe," I say and place a kiss on her lips. "Shhh I'm sleeping for 2," she says and turns over the other way. I laugh slightly at her before moving closer to her and kissing her bump until she finally opens her beautiful hazel eyes.

"I hate you sometimes," she says playfully as she shoved me off her. "Hey I didn't force you to marry me," I say putting up my hands in mock defense. She smiles slightly and kisses me before getting out the bed to get ready.

Xxx

"Come on Mr Dunphy let's go see our little bean before my shift starts," Leah says as she walks into the living room where I am playing tug of war with Indy.

"You look beautiful," I say as I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss down her neck. "Thank you babe but we have to go we are going to be late," she says as she places one last kiss on my head and we go outside.

Xxx

"Dr James you are early for your shift," the women at the front desk says to Leah as we walk into the maternity ward. She looks kind of young, not much older than Leah. Leah laughs a little. "I know I'm not here for my shift quite yet. I have an appointment with Dr Matthews."
"Oh I see, my mistake." She says with a smile. "You know where to go," she adds and Leah nods.

We walk down the hallways of the hospital Leah seems to know exactly where she is but I could get lost in this place in a matter of minutes.

"Hi Leah, Luke," she greets politely. "Hello Jeanine how are you?" Leah says as she goes to hug Dr Matthews. "I'm excellent. how are you feeling? is little bean doing okay?" "I'm pretty tired and hungry all the time but besides that they are doing great. I think they are going to be a tough one Because their favorite activity seems to be how hard can we kick mommy," Leah says and I laugh at the end.

"As you know fetal movements become quite regular in the second trimester especially the 4th month of pregnancy so you seem to be right on time," Dr Matthews say happily. Leah smiles and nods her head. I wrap an arms around her waist and place my other hand on her bump. Sure enough little bean kicks my hand.

"I'm positive he is gonna be a football player," I say with a smirk. "It's a girl.," Leah says with a smirk. "Well we could find out the gender today off you two want," Dr Matthews say excitedly. I look at Leah and shrug. "How about you right it down then we can have a gender reveal party," Leah says.

"Perfect you know the drill," Dr Matthews says as she motions toward the bed. Leah nods. She jumps up onto the bed and lifts up her shirt exposing her stomach. I sit in a chair next to her and hold her hand.

"You two are so cute," Dr Matthews says as he places the cool gel on Leah's stomach and she winces slightly. I kiss her hand and wink at her. She smiles up at me and then we both look to the screen. There was are our beautiful baby. Their features had began to form and we could see their little face resting on its hands.

"They are beautiful," Leah says as she wipes away a tear. I am lost for words I just kiss her hand and nod. "Okay guys can you look away while I check the gender," Dr Matthews says as she moves the wand around. Leah looks up at me. "I can't believe we made that," she says with a smile. "I know. They are beautiful just like their mommy," I say with a smile and wipe away the tears falling on Leah's cheek.

"Okay get one last look," Dr Matthews says before taking a photo and handing it to us. "You two are going to be the best parents," she adds as she hands Leah the envelope with the gender. "Thank you," I say with a smile.

Xxx

Two weeks later
Leah's POV

The day has finally come when I gat to know if my baby is a boy or girl. Hazel, Alex and Haley insisted on a party and hazel is the only one who knows what it is. It's also New Years so the color of the fireworks and the smoke let off tells us the gender. We are supposed to wear the color of what we think it is so I have on a pink maternity dress and Luke is wearing blue.

Luke and I are currently standing in Jay and Gloria's back yard while we wait for midnight. "I love you," I say as I rest my head on his shoulder. "I love you too," he says as he wraps his arm around my waist.

A few moments later we are counting down from 10.

"3,2,1"

The fire works shoot off and the color goes everywhere. Pink.

"It's a girl!" I scream and pull Luke into a kiss. We kiss until we are desperate for air and surrounded in a cloud of pink.

"It's a girl," he says happily.
"We are having a baby girl," I say and pull him in for another kiss. So excited and happy to see what the future holds for our little family.

💕💕💕

It's a girl!!! Yayyyyy! You guys voted and girl it is. Comment some names below and please vote. I love you all so much and I'm so sad that this story will be coming to an end soon. 😊💫

-L

💕💕💕