Chapter 27- baby store

Leah's POV

I was released from the hospital about a week ago. Since then I have just been taking things slow and spending as much time with Luke as possible before I have to go back to work. We have been planning our wedding because we want to do it as soon as possible and we decided it was going to be in Hawaii. Luke said it would be perfect because of our love for the beach and how it holds so many good memories for us.

I still haven't told anyone about the baby and I'm not planning too any time soon, but I decided that I wanted to go to the baby store today just to kind of see what I'm in for.

Luke has to go to work so I'm going by myself and as I walk in I am overwhelmed by all the stuff. Who knew you needed so much. I stand in the doorway stunned as I look over the store trying to wrap my mind around it.

"Girl I feel ya," a voice says from behind me says with a slight laugh.
I turn around to be faced with a girl about my age. She has long brown hair and brown eye that seem so familiar. I try and place her in my head. Then it come to me. She is a really old friend I had for a short time when I was 10. She stayed at the resort for awhile and we were super close before she went back.

"Hazel?" I ask skeptically as I go to stand closer to her.
"Yeah, How do you know who I am?" she asks worriedly as I smile slightly.
"It's me Leah," I say excitedly.
"Oh my god! Leah? You have changed so much," she says as she pulls me into a hug.
"Yeah well 12 years and a massive diet can do that to a person," I say with a smile as I hug her back.
"What are you doing in America?" She asks as we walk further into the shop.

"I moved her a few years ago after I got out of college. I met the love of my life we got engaged and her I am 2 months later having a kid of my own," I say with a smile as I move my hand to my slight bump. You can't notice it through my shirt but it's there.

"Wow that amazing, I'm also two months, I have been dating my boyfriend since high school his name is Bradly. I'm actually a fashion designer now. I designed wedding dresses," she says happily as we walk through the aisle.

We talk for who know how long as we both take in all the supplies we will have to buy in just a few short months. I am walking admiring an adorable shirt that says I love my daddy, with tears welling in my eyes when I see Haley walk in the front door.

"Shit!" I whisper to Hazel as I hide behind a crib, the onesie still clutched in my hands.
"What? Are you okay?" She asks worriedly as she looks at me.
"No, that girl that just walked in the door is my sister in law and she doesn't know about the baby. If she sees me I'm screwed." I whisper as I try to plan my escape.

"Leah?" An all too familiar voice says from behind me as I stand up. Oh no. I move the onesie behind my back.
"Haley!" I say happily as I pull her into a hug. Bad  idea she can for sure feel my bump.
"What are you doing in here?" She asks skeptically as she eyes my stomach.
"Uhh... I could ask you the same thing," I say with a smile as I lean against the crib, because I'm suddenly overwhelmed with nausea.

"I'm getting some things for the twins," she says as she lifts up some outfits in her hands. I nod my head slightly as I slowly try to back away.
"What's behind your back?" She asks still eyeing me skeptically.
"It's nothing really," I say as I look to hazel for help.
"Um yeah it's a onesie for me. I'm two month pregnant," Hazel says with a smile moving her hand to her belly.

"Oh, I'm sorry Leah my mistake. Congrats..."
"Hazel," Hazel interrupts shaking Haley's hand.
"Oh yeah sorry this is hazel and old friend from South Africa," I say with a smile as I slowly slip the onesie into Hazels hand.
"Nice to meet you hazel," she says with a smile. "Tell you What how about we go get some smoothies. I know a place that's great for cravings," she adds.

"Sounds great, lets just pay for this stuff and we can go," Hazel says as she motions for me to cover my stomach with my hand.

When we get to the mall and I see all the options my mouth seems to water because for the last week all I have wanted to eat is pickle and watermelon. I order the strange mix and out of the corner of my eye I see Haley smirk slightly.

We sit down and make small talk for awhile before Hazel has to go and it's just me and Haley left. "So when where you planning on telling me your pregnant?" She says with a smirk. I nearly coke on my drink as she says it.

"You knew?" I ask shocked as I regain my breath. "Well yeah, the obvious nausea, the wired cravings, the shirt and hiding in the store and when you hugged me I could feel the slight bump." She says happily as she pulls me into a hug.

"Well I'm not great at hiding it yet. I mean I only recently found out myself," I say with a smile as i absent mindedly move my hand to my abdomen.

"Does Luke know?" she asks with a smile as she places her hand on top of mine.

"Yeah, but nobody else so please don't tell anyone," I say.

"You have my word," she says as she zips her mouth, "I can't believe in going to be an aunt!"

"I can't believe I'm going to be a mom." I say worriedly
"Ahh Leah you will be a great mom. You are so good with the twins and I can see you already care bout that little munchkin more than anything," she says and I feel I tear run down my cheek. Stupid hormones.
"Thanks Haley," I say with a slight smile.

💞💞💞
Two chapters in two days 😂 it must be Christmas Jk. Okay Haley knows now. For those of you asking when they are going to get married it will be soon I promise. I love you all. Please comment and vote it means the world to me.
-L
💞💞💞