Chapter 22 - The Proposal

Leah's POV
We arrived in South Africa about 5 days ago and it feels great to be back home. I missed my family and my best friend so much. We have spent our days doing all kinds of activities. We went for game drives, to the multiple pools around the resort, I took the kids to the maze and the arcade. We went bowling and to the huge wave pool with a water park in the center of the resort.

That wave pool has always been special to me. My dad has it built after my first trip to the beach because I loved it so much and he loved to see me happy. We were very close. We shared so many memories there before he died, they are some of the last memories I have of my parents.

Luke and I would take romantic walks through the forest outside the hotel my penthouse is located in. We are all staying on the top floor of the main hotel in the resort. We have neighboring rooms and ours is next to Haley, Dylan and the twins' room. They have a connecting door so I wasn't surprised that I am awaken by a very energetic Alexa jumping on me.

"Hey monkey," I say as she lays he small head on my chest.
"Hey aunt Leah, can we go to the beach?" She screams as she moves off me and jumps up and down beside my bed. It wakes Luke up. Just as well because a few second later a over energetic Jason runs at him and dives into our bed.
I laugh at how excited the kids are.

"Yeah sure, we can go wherever you want I told you today is your day," I say with a giggle as Jason jumps into my arms and squeezes me.
"Yay!" They both scream and a tired Haley walks through the doorway and scoops them both into her arms.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know how they got out" she says tiredly as the twins squirm in her arms.
"It's no problem, I don't mind being waken up by their cute faces," I say as I shake a still dazed Luke out of sleep mode.
Haley laughs.
"Not so cute when they keep you up all night. Thank you for taking them out today. I'm just gonna get them ready and you can knock when you want to go," She says with a smile as she exits our room.

"Wake up babe," I say to Luke as I place a kiss on his forehead.
"Just five more minutes," he says and he takes me in his arms and motions for me to lay my head on his chest.
I laugh before pecking his lips and moving off him. "Come on we have to spend the day with the kids. I promise I will make it up to you later," I say with a smile as I walk into the bathroom to shower.

"Hey Leah," Luke says form outside the door.
"Yeah babe," I reply as I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my wet body.
"How about after we take the kids back to Haley we go out. Just you and me," He says as I step out the bathroom.
"That sounds great, but first we have a bunch of restless monkeys to take care of," I say as I walk into the closet and pick out my navy costume.

We both got ready and prepared our beach bag before knocking on Haley's door to find it being opened by the twins. "You ready to go have fun," I ask as I scoop Jason into my arms and spin him around sending him into a fit of laughter. He is wearing the cutest little Batman swim trunks.
"Put me down!" He shouts through his laughs and I do.
"My turn," Alexa says as she reaches up to me she is also wearing an adorable navy swimsuit.
I pick her up and spin her before kissing her cheek and setting her down.

Luke and I each take a twin before heading down to the wave pool and water park that is situated close to our hotel. It's only about a 10 minute walk.

The twins run off to the kiddy pool and go down the small slide with each other or on our laps. Luke and I have races with the twins to see who can get to the top. Letting them win of course.

Finally near the end of the day Luke dares me to go down The Temple of Courage. A super long body slide that goes straight down. We both do it without hesitation, amazing the twins in the process.

"That was super cool aunt Leah," Alexa says as I climb of the slide. I laugh at her excitement and wrap in a wet hug which she tries to get out of.

"Yeah, you are like bat-woman and uncle Luke is Batman!" He says as he begins to spread his arms and flys like a bat into Luke's arms

I look to Luke and see the smile spread across his face. As I do so I can't help but think what a good dad he would make. Maybe even some day soon.

After that we head to the ice cream shop and get some ice creams before we head to our last stop at the arcade. On the way back to the room both kids fell asleep in our arms.

Xxxx

Later that night Luke and I get ready for our date. I put on a beautiful white dress that I have which is super comfortable. Luke walks out looking dashingly handsome in his suit. We decided that tonight we where going to go the fancy restaurant on the other side of the resort.
It is a very nice place, super romantic. It gives the feeling of a restaurant in Paris and has a beautiful view of the whole resort from how high it is.

We arrive and Luke pulls out my chair before kissing my temple and sitting down across from me. He laces his fingers in mine and softly moves his fingers over my knuckles.
"I love you Luke Dunphy," I say with a smile and full of love as my brown eyes meet his. He smiles back at me with a face that could only mean love and says, "I love you too, always."
"Always," I reply as I lean over and kiss him.

We spend the rest of the dinner talking and enjoying each other's company. It was very romantic. Luke bought me single red rose to match the one he gave me when we first where in each other's arms at the airport. I am so in love with him in every way. He is the man of my dreams and the love of my life. I am so grateful for him.

After dinner we walk down to the hidden waterfall near the "beach". We have been her everyday since we arrived. I love this place it is beautiful and you can here the crash of the waves from below as you sit there. This lake is where my father first taught me to swim and where he would bring me whenever I was sad. I never though I would share this spot with anyone else. It was my father and I's little secret, but it seemed right to share it with Luke.

We sit bundled up in each other's arms on the cushioned swing my dad placed here years ago. We overlook the clear water and I remember the many times my father would bring me here.

Luke holds me close to him. I can feel the rise and fall of his chest as he breathes. I turn up to him and kiss him gently. "I never want this moment to end," I say with sincerity.
"Then it doesn't have to," He says simply as he places a kiss on my head and runs his finger through my long brown hair.

As I look up at him his pale skin seems to glow in the moonlight. The reflection of the water can be seen in his deep brown eyes. His slightly curly brown hair is combed neatly and he is looking down at me with such love. I smile up at him and place my hand on his cheek before placing his lips on mine. The spark I feel stronger than ever. He kisses me back passionately, but eventually breaks it in need of air.

I sit up and walk over to the water placing my hand in and feeling it's warmth. I smile one more time at the memories before I turn back to see Luke resting on one knee.

I gasp in shock as he smiles at me. "Leah, you at the most beautiful, amazing, brave, selfless and smart person in the entire world. When I'm with you nothing else matters. You are the one and only person I will ever love. When I first spoke to you I knew you where the one and whenever I'm with you I feel like everything is just right. I love every detail about you from the birthmark on your leg to the beauty spot just above your lip and the way your hair falls slightly to the side. Being away from you these past months has been painfully hard and I realized that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, Leah Jennifer James will you marry me?" He says as he hold out the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. I can feel the tears streaming down my face

"I though you would never ask," I say happily as place my lips on his and he wraps me in his arms.

💕💕💕
😭😭 I cried writing this chapter. Like actual tears. It was technically an early birthday present considering my birthday is next week Monday. My babies are getting married. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was a long one 1637 words to be exact. Once again a big thanks for all the support.💫 Please leave a comment and vote. I love you All. ❤️
💕💕💕