Chapter 15 - Big opportunities

A/n I do not own modern family

Leahs POV

"They are just so cute," I coo as I sit in Haley's living room holding her now 1 year old daughter in my arms.

"Thank you, but they aren't that cute when they start screaming at 2am," she says with a giggle.

"I mean I wouldn't mind waking up to this face," I say making faces at Alexa as she smiles at me.

Just then I get a phone call. I look to Haley.

"Take it I need to put her down for a nap anyway," Haley says taking Alexa out my arms.

I look at the caller ID unknown number. I place the phone to my ear.

"Hi is this Leah James speaking," a voice on the other line says.

"Yes this is she who is speaking," I reply thinking's it's just one of the telemarketers who call me nearly everyday.

"This is Dr Matthews from Los Angelos med." The women on the other end say her voice sounding sophisticated.

"Doctor, what can I do for you?" I reply curiously.

"I was wondering if you would be able to stop by our OB unit later today I would love to speak to you in person," she says.

"Of course could I ask what this concerns," I say as I pace around the living room nervous for what she may say.

"I was amazed at how you where able to assist Mrs Dunphy in the birth of her twins a year ago and my fellow has just recently left. I was hoping to speak to you about a fellowship."

"That... that's amazing I will be there," I reply as I try to contain myself from jumping for joy.

"Wonderful I will see you at 4pm in my office," she says before hanging up the line.

Oh my god, a fellowship. I didn't even know they could offer those to students. I am shocked. This is an amazing opportunity. I look at the time 2pm I have to get ready.

"Haley I have to go. Something came up. I will call you with details later but I have to go now." I say when I walk into the twins room.

"Okay sure I will call you later, good luck," she says hugging me goodbye a slight look of confusion from my sudden leaving on her face.

"Bye!" I say running out the front door to my car.

When I arrive home I run upstairs to our room and search the closet for something professional to wear. I land on a navy blue dress with a blue blouse and some high heels. I check the time it's 2:45pm. I sit at my dresser and start my makeup when Luke walks in.

"Wow you look amazing," he says kissing me and placing his hand on my hips.

"Why thank you Mr Dunphy," I say as I turn in my chair so I'm facing him. The look on his full of love.

"And why are we dressed so professionally," he says placing kisses down my collar bone.

"Well I got a call from Dr Matthews, the head of OB at Los Angelos med today and she asked to meet with me,"

"Really that's amazing, I'm so proud of you." He says as he lifts me up and spins me around placing kisses all over my face.

"Thank you and I wish we could continue this but I have to get going," I say jumping down.

"Ah Okay But promise we will continue this later," he says placing a kiss on my head. I nod.

"Love you," I say before walking out.