Chapter Four

The year was 1972. We was currently living in south Calafornia. I loved it here. It's always nice and almost everyone was friendly. I giggled as I walked home from the bakery. I brought some strawberry cupcakes. You see I found out that I could go out into sunlight and not shine. I smiled as I arrived home. I pat down my dress before I went inside, knowing Esme would be upset if I came home dirty. I opened the door and walked inside.
"I'm home." I called and walked through the house seeing Esme and Carlisle looking upset. "Is something wrong?"
"Sweetie...why don't you sit down so I can explain." Carlisle frowned. I walked over and sat on the sofa with them. "I need to leave for a couple days. Two weeks at most." He said.
"Why?" I asked.
"Edward." I froze.
"He's been spotted by Emmett." Esme frowned.
"He's here? I'm America?" I asked and they nodded.
"I'm going to try and bring him home." Carlisle said.
"But what about mum. You can't leave dad." I said.
"Don't you want Edward home?" Esme asked.
"If he wanted to be with us he would never have left." I said crossing my arms. "What if something happens while your away. We'd need you here." Esme turned to Carlisle. That was a good point. He was our Coven leader. He needed to be here in case anything happened to one of us.
"While I'm away Esme will be in charge." Carlisle said. I opened my mouth to talk be he stopped me. "I'm sorry Lillian. I know you don't want me to go but I must. If Edward is here I want to at least try to bring him home." I frowned and nodded. He took my hand and kissed my head. "Everything will be fine."

*****

So the next day Carlisle left to find Edward. I sat in my room sadly as I watched him leave. I walked to the music room and picked up my violin. I didn't hear Esme come into the room as I began to play.

I frowned as I finished.
"They'll both be okay." Esme said and pulled me into a hug.
"I hope so."

*****

I sat alone at home in front of the fire. Apparently I felt the cold too. I hated my gift. It made me more human. I groan as I closed my book. It's been a week since Carlisle left. The others said they were going for a hunt and wouldn't be back until tomorrow. I heard the front door open and I stood up.
"Anyone home?" I heard a female voice ask. I ran to the door frame and glanced round it. There stood a girl with a pixie hair cut and a boy with blond curly hair. "I know your here I saw it."
"Maybe your vision was wrong." The boy said. He had a thick accent. Sounded like he was from Texas or somewhere really close to there. The pixie girl shot round and looked right at me.
"You know this is classed as breaking an entering." I said. They both turned to me. The girl had golden eyes with specs of red where as the boy had bright red eyes. Even though human drinkers frightened me this one didn't. I felt lost in his eyes and wanted to be closer to him. Touch him. Smell his scent. I backed away.
"I knew you would be here." The girl cheered. She ran over and I got ready to attack. She stopped seeing me crouched down ready to pounce. The boy hurried to her side and pulled the girl back. His eyes staid glued to mine.
"We're no threat darlin'. We heard of your coven and Alice saw you in a vision. She can see the future. We want to live on your diet." He explained getting closer and closer, slowly until he took my hand gently. "We came to join your Coven."
"I'm Alice. This is Jasper." Alice smiled. I looked between them.
"My family are out until tomorrow." I said. "My dad is gone until next week." They nodded and I motioned for them to sit. "I just got to...make a...call." I said and hurried to the kitchen and grabbed the phone attached to the wall. I quickly dialled my dads number.
"Sweetie. This isn't a good time." I heard my dad say before I heard Edward in the back ground yelling.
"There are two vampires here." I said and I heard silence.
"Eyes?" He asked.
"The girls is golden but with a little red. She's new to the diet. The guy...his eyes are red." I said.
"Look ill be coming home soon. 2 days at most. Call your mother. Let her know." I went to talk again but he hung up. I frowned and dialled my mums number.
"Lillian?" I heard Rosalie ask.
"Rose? Where's mum?" I asked.
"Hunting. Is everything okay? Going to come join us?" She giggled.
"There are two vampires here. I already called dad and he said to let you guys know." I heard a loud thump.
"We're on the way back now." I heard Emmett said. They hung up and at the second I heard the door slam open.
"Honey I'm home!" I heard Henry yell. I rushed over and he hugged me. "How's my little cupcake." He tensed and sniffed the air. "Who's here?"
"Two vampires that want to join the coven. The others are on the way home now to talk. Be nice." I said.
"No promises." He said walking passed me. I frowned and slowly followed him only to see him looking at Alice and Alice starring at him. Within a second they where kissing each other.
"I said be nice not this!" I yelled splitting them up.
"My mate." He growled at me. I backed way slowly. His eyes where black and he was slowly coming closer to me. Soon I was pulled into a hard chest and he was pushed way from me. I looked up and Jasper was holding me close.
"Stay away from her." His eyes where black too. "She's mine."
"What the hell is this!?" I looked over to see my mum and siblings looking confused and mortified.