Chapter Thirteen

"Leaving. We're leaving?" I asked as everyone began packing.

"Yes." Esme frowned. "What happened last night woke us all up. Bella is still human. She could be hurt because of us.

"Edward feels she will have a better life without us." Carlisle said.

"Does Bella not get a say in this?" I asked and they looked at me. "I'm sorry but Bella is a part of this family. You said it yourselves. We can't just abandon her." Esme frowned and turned to Carlisle.

"This is your brother's choice." I frowned and shook my head.

"I'm not going anywhere." I said and Esme looked shocked. "How do you know that something won't happen while we're away?"

"You have to come What about Jasper and Mason?" Esme asked.

"I will not leave Bella alone. She has no one else." I said. I turned around and walked to my room where Jasper was sat. I'm guessing Mason was asleep in his room. "You heard?"

"Everyone heard." I sigh and sit next to him. "If you're staying then so am I." I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you."

*****

The next day I gave everyone a long hug and waved them off with Jasper and Mason. I looked at Jasper and frowned.

"That's it. We're alone now." He frowned and kissed my head. Mason was playing with his toys in the sitting room and I smiled as I walked over to him.

"Mamama..." He smiled bouncing slightly, putting his arms up, showing he wanted to be picked up. I picked him up gently adn hend him close.

"We'll have to keep record of Mason, continue with Carlisle's research." I nodded and he smiled. There was a pounding on the front door. I put Mason on the floor to play and I walked to the door and frowned seeing Bella through the glass. I opened the door ad she looked at me.

"Your still here..." She said. Her eyes red from crying.

"Bella Im so sorry. Theres nothing I can say to make it better. But he really is doing this for you." I said hugging her gently. I let her go an dlooked at her. "Me and Jasper have decided to stay until we think your safe and okay...then we'll be going to the others." She shook her head.

"Please. You cant..."

"Bella...They're my family. Im here to make sure you will be okay. Once I see that I will return to them." I saiy and took her hand. "Come in. You look feezing." She nodded and we went up to Jasper, who was reading a book, and Mason who sat happily in his play-pen.

"Bell!" Mason yelled clapping and I smiled.

"I'll go make up some tea. You sit down and then we'll talk." She nodded and I go to the kitchen and make her some sweet tea. I walked to the living room and hand her the cup.

"Bella I hope you don't hate our family for this." Bella shook her head.

"Just...I don't know. Thank you for staying I just-" There was a pounding on the door and Jasper tensed.

"Stay here with Mason and Bella." I nodded and Jasper went down stairs.

"Look Bella. Do you ever want a baby? A family of your own?" She nodded. "You can't have that with Edward. You have to leave your family and friends. You have to make them think your dead. You say you want our life now but...some become a vampire and then...then they hate what they are." I frown and she looked down. "Edward wants you to have the life you want. He doesn't want to see you suffer. That's why he left." I heard footsteps and looked to Bella and Mason. "Stay here a second." She nodded and I walked to the door and shut it behind me. There stood Sam, one other I hadn't met before and Jasper.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled.

"I see you had your baby." I nodded. "Congrats. I'm only here to talk about the treaty. This is Paul." I nodded in his direction. "I was going to call but I don't know your number." I nodded and we went into the living room. Bella looked over and Mason smiled.

"Mamama!" He smiled and I walked over picking him up. Mason looked up at the two men and frowned. He squealed and Jasper pushed them down as books went flying at them.

"No baby. They're friends." Mason stopped and he smiled clapping his hands. The others got up adn looked at the baby. "Sorry. Its hard to control." Paul looked a little shocked but Sam looked a little cautious. "Mason. Thats Sam." Mason looked at Sam and frowned.

"SSSSSS" Sam chuckled and Paul just looked at the kid.

"Hes your's?" I nodded. "Your a vampire?" I nodded again. "Is he?"

"Hes half." Jasper jumped in. "Now what did you need to talk about."