Chapter Eight

I waited until everyone left for school and I slipped out the house and got into the taxi. I drove to town and I waddled to the library. I walked to the history section and pulled out a couple books I hadn't read yet. I sat at a table and read quietly.

"Well, hello there Miss Cullen." I looked up and saw Chief Swan.

"Hello Mr Swan. I heard your daughter moved to town. How are things going?" I asked and he sighed.

"Shes so much like her mother Im scared she'll leave like her mother did. I know its only temporally but I would love for her to stay." I frowned at him and he smiled looking at my baby bump. "How far are you now?"

"Almost 6 month. Im getting pretty big. My dad thinks it might be twins." Charlie chuckled and pat my shoulder. "You know if your worried for Bella I could always go out with her to the movies. Or shopping. I don't mind and it would be nice to make another friend." He smiled.

"You know what. That's a good idea. Thank you Lillian. I'll get Bella to call you." I nodded and hand him my number before looking at the clock.

"If you like I can even go see her at school. I would love an opportunity to see Jasper earlier anyway." The man chuckled and nodded.

"Do you need a rid?" I nodded and he drove me to the school.

*****

Once we arrived he pointed out who was Bella and I waved as he left. I walked over and she looked up at me.

"Hello Bella. I'm Lillian Cullen." She just looked at me shocked. "I'm Edwards biological sister and Jaspers girlfriend."

"Its nice to meet you." She said and went to shack my hand but I hugged her gently.

"No need to be so formal. I'm here because your dad thinks you could use a good friend. Maybe we can go out some time. A meal or to a movie." She smiled and nodded.

"Thanks." I smiled and I heard wheels swerve. I looked over and saw a van coming towards us. I pulled Bela down and had my back to the van. I heard metal crunch and looked up see Edward holding the Van from me and Bella. He just stared at Bella before looking to me and I nodded, making him take off. I felt a hand land on my shoulder and looked up to see Jasper. He looked worried. Very worried. Others around us were shouting and yelling for an ambulance.

*****

I sat on the hospital bed and looked up at Jasper.

"You could have been killed." He said and I frowned.

"I didn't know this would happen Jasper. If I did I wouldn't have been there." I sigh as he frowned. I heard Chief Swan storm in and talk to Bella. Then my dad came in.

"So Bella-Lillian? What are you doing here?" He said and shined a light in Bella's eyes.

"I was with Bella." He froze and looked over to me. "I'm fine. I didn't get hit." He nodded slowly and he turned back to Bella.

"You can say goodbye to you license." Charlie said to Tyler.

"But he stopped. The car park was icy. It wasn't his fault. But he did manage to stop in time." Charlie and Carlisle looked to me.

"He could have killed you and your baby." Charlie said.

"I know but it wasn't his fault. It was just an accident." I said and Jasper took my hand.

"Come on, Lilly. Lets get you home." I nodded and Jasper helped me up before we walked out and I saw Edward and Rose.

"Oh thank god." Edward came over and hugged me gently. "Your okay." He let me go and Rose hugged me gently.

"Is the baby okay?" I nodded. "Did you get a scan?" I pulled out a small photo and hand it to her. She smiled and looked at it. I rubbed my belly and frowned.

"I'm hungry." Jasper smiled and kissed my head, resting mis hand on my belly, earning a soft kick. "Edward you need to be carful. What if someone saw you?"

"They didn't." He said.

"Still. Please. Try to be more carful from now on." He nodded and I heard someone clear there throat. I looked over and saw Bella.

"Can I talk to you?" She was looking right at Edward. He kissed my head before walking over and Jasper took my hand and we walked out the hospital.

"Lets go get you some food." I smiled and nodded, making Jasper chuckle.