Chapter sixteen

Later that day I got a phone call from Alice saying Edward was going to the Volturi. Now I'm zooming towards Bella's place. Charlie's car was there and I got out, leaving Mason in the car. Jasper was already there, trying to convince Edward he was making a mistake. I knocked on the door and Charlie opened it and smiled.

"Is Bella here?" I asked pretending to be excited. He moved to the side and Bella sat there watching TV. "Bella get packing. I just won 4 tickets to Italy. I'm taking you with us. As a way to get you away for a couple days. I think you need a break from folks. Away from everywhere that reminds you of my brother." Charlie smiled.

"That's a great idea." He smiled. "A couple days away could do you some good."

"Good. So pack. We leave now. I thought it was for next week but I read the ticket wrong." I giggled. I looked at Bella and she saw this was serious and not a trip. She got up and hurried up the stairs. "I'll be in the car." I call up to her. "Don't worry Charlie. This will be good for her." He nodded and thanked me before I hurried out to the car. Mason was sat there playing with his teddy. I waited and 10 minutes later Bella came out. She hugged her dad and she hurried over. She shoved her bag into the trunk and got into the passenger seat.

"Where's Jasper?" She asked.

"Edwards going to the Volturi. Alice saw a vision of you jumping from a cliff and he thinks you're dead. He wants to die. Jaspers gone to try convince him he's acting stupid but I'm taking you to him to show him your fine." I said as I drove to the airport.

*****

We arrived in Itally Volturia and I drove like a maniac. I rushed through the streets and parked the car.

"There's a festival so come on." I picked up Mason and we rushed through the streets, trying to stay in the shadows. As we walked I took a cloak and put it on hiding Mason in the material. Even though we didn't shine, this way we wouldn't draw too much attention. We rushed through the streets to clock tower. "Go." She took off running and just as Edward stepped into the sun light Bella jumped into his arms, causing him to stumble back. I hurried over and push him into the shadows and shut the doors.

"You idiot!" I yelled as I set Mason down.

"Uncle Edward!" Mason smiled and hugged his leg. Edward held Bella close and I sighed in relief.

"Aro wishes to speak with you." I jump, looking over to see Felix and Demetri.

"Bella. Why don't you and Mason go enjoy the Festival?" Edward said as I pushed Mason behind me.

"Aro wishes to see you all. The child included." I growl at him as the doors shot open. Jasper and Alice stood there. Jaspers eyes darkened. Major. He came over and hugged me to his side and held Mason in front of us protectively.

"Now everyone. Its a festival. No need to cause a fight." I nodded. I heard footsteps adn looked up to see Jane walking over.

"Aro sent me to see what was taking so long." She said.

"Nothing. We was just on our way." I said and took Masons hand. Edward looked to me and I rolled my eyes. "There's no point in fighting agents them Edward. We are outnumbered by a lot." I said and he nodded. "Lead the way for us please Jane."

"Nice to know not all of you are idiots." Felix smiled looking me up and down. Major wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into him, glaring at Felix.

"This way." Jane said and we followed her.

*****

We walked into a large room.

"Sister. We sent you out to get one and you bring back 4 and two halves. Well done." I rolled my eyes at Alec's words.

"Bella is alive and well. How I love a happy ending-" He stopped when he looked at Mason. "A child?" I heard hissing around the room and I pulled Mason closer.

"He's not an immortal child. My gift allows me to have children. He's half vampire and half human." I said.

"Imposable." Caius said. I held out my hand and Aro happily took it. His face twisted a little before he smiled.

"It is true." I took a step back and held Mason too me.

"But back to the girl. She knows too much." Marcus said.

"I say she should be killed." Caius said and Edward stepped in front of her.

"Felix. Demetri." Edward was thrown across the room.

"No!" Mason yelled and then Felix and Demetri was thrown into the walls. I held Mason close adn rubbed his back.

"Mason. Thats enough." I whispered adn he looked up at me. I looked up at Aro who was grinning at me.

"He has a gift." I gripped Mason tighter.