Chapter fourteen

After a couple hours Bella just sat in Edwards room. She refused to move or speak. I looked at the clock. 8pm. Charlie must be worried. I picked up the house phone. I dialled his number and waited.

"Hello." I could tell by his voice he was worried and stressed.

"Hi Charlie. Its Lillian...Bella's here." I heard his sigh in relief.

"Thank goodness. I heard your family left town. Carlisle got a job offer somewhere else? Is she okay?" I looked towards the stairs.

"Physically she's fine. But mentally I think she's struggling." I say. "Do you want me to bring her home?"

"No that's okay. I'll come get her." He said. "I'll make my way to your house now."

"Alright. I'll see you soon." I hung up and walked to Jasper. "Are you going hunting?" He nodded and I kissed him before he quickly left. I sat, playing with Mason until I heard a knocking on the door. I picked him up and walked down stairs. I opened the door and Charlie stood there.

"Where is she?" He frowned.

"In Edwards's old room." I say and lead him up to the room. I pointed to the room and he walked over and opened the door. There she sat, sitting on the bed, curled into a ball.

"Bells. It's time to come home now." He said and I frowned. She slowly got up and walked over. "Thank you for keeping her safe." I nodded.

"You're always welcome over Bella. Mason loves seeing you." Mason was fast asleep in my arms and Bella smiled slightly at him. "Things will get better Bella." She nodded and I walked them out. I waved as they left and I sighed. I walked back up to Masons room and laid him down. "Night baby."

*****

Over the next couple months Bella started going to the rez. Her friend Jacob was there. Then she turned up at the house in tears. I was furious. Jacob had abandoned her just like Edward had. I snapped. I knew Jasper was out hunting so I got Mason into his car seat and strapped myself in. When Sam came over we discuss how me and Mason where only half vampires so we could go to the rez. I drove towards Sam's place. I now Emily wants to meet Mason. Apparently she's got a soft spot for kids. I pulled up and got out. I got Mason out and held his hand. He was the size of a 2 year old now and I smiled at him. We walked towards the house and Paul walked out.

"Paul." He looked over and I waved. "Is Sam here?"

"He's inside with Emily." I nodded and Mason hid slightly behind my leg. We walked up the small steps and I knocked on the door.

"Mummy." I looked down and Mason lifted his arms. I picked him up as the door opened. "Sam!" I looked over as Sam chuckled. I smiled as I handed Mason to the wolf man. Mason smiled and looked around inside.

"What brings you all the way here?" He asked.

"We need to talk and I remember you saying that Emily wants to meet Mason." He nodded and moved to the side so I could go inside. There was a woman cooking in the kitchen. She looked up and I saw the scars. I waved and she smiled.

"You must by Lillian?" I nodded and her eyes gleamed when she saw Mason. "And this cutie must be Mason." Mason looked at her and frowned he touched her scars and tear up.

"Owie." He said and Sam frowned.

"Not Owie." I say and Mason looked at me. "Its okay baby." He smiled adn put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a plaster with colourful pictures of animals on. "I was wondering what you did with all your plasters." He handed it to Emily who smiled and took it.

"Thank you, sweetie." Mason smiled and looked at a frowning Sam. Mason put his hands on Sam's cheeks and stretched it so Sam was smiling. I bit my lip to stop laughing but Emily just giggled.