Chapter fithteen

Here we are. Mason's first birthday. I had went to visit the family the day before and today we was having a barbeque at the rez. Mason was the size of a three year old. Charlie was going to be there but I had a cover story thanks to Carlisle. I smiled as Mason played with the wolves' and Jacob talked with Bella. I set the plate of hotdogs and burger meat on the picnic table. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over and saw Charlie and Billy.

"He's getting big." Charlie said. "He's one right?"

"Yeah but because of his medical condition he grows quicker." I smiled.

"Medical condition?" Billy asked confused.

"Acromegaly. It's a condition where body tissue and bones grow quicker. Doctors calculated it and he's the size of a three year old. But yes. He's one." Charlie nodded and Billy smiled. He knew the truth but he was just happy I was able to convince Charlie.

"Bella said you knocked some scents into the boys a couple months ago." I nodded as I saw Sue pull up with Leah and Seth. Leah got out and ran for Mason. Seth just got out and helped his mum with the food.

"Need a hand?" Charlie asked, walking over. Jasper walked around, watching Mason to make sure he's okay. Sam stood with Emily and the other imprints with there imprinter. I smiled as Leah played tag with Mason. I felt my phone go off and I pulled it out.

-Give Mason a big hug from Uncle Edward. Hope he has a great birthday.-

I sigh as I turn around adn saw Bella. Did she see the text?

"You okay?" She nodded and gave a small smile. Yeah she saw it.

"I thought you didn't have a way of contacting him?" She said.

"I didn't. But Alice gave me his number." I said.

"Could I call him-"

"No Bella." She frowned and I sighed. "You're doing well."

"Just a minute." I shook my head and she walked away. I sighed as two arms wrapped around me.

"You did the right thing." I nodded and looked down at my phone.

"I'll be back soon. Make sure Mason doesn't use his gift. Charlies here." Jasper nodded and I walked into the house, away from everyone. I clicked on Edwards contact.

"Hello."

"Edward...we have an issue. Actually we have a couple." I said. I wanted to keep these things from him. I didn't want to worry him with them but Im starting to have no other options.

"What?"

"Bella's having nightmares To the point where she screams all night...and most of the time we cant wake her up from them. Victoria's here and has already attempted 3 time to get Bella for what you did to James. Laurent has tried to kill her. If it wasn't for the wolves shed be dead. Her mental health is deteriorating. I think you should consider coming back." I said.

"She's better off without me."

"She'll be dead without you!" I yelled.

"You can protect her."

"I have to protect Mason and Jasper has to protect me. I need you Edward. So does her." I said.

"I'll think about it." With that he hung up. I sighed and stepped outside and saw Jacob stood there.

"Call him back and tell him she doesn't need him." He said.

"You don't see her at night. I have. I have heard her screaming. She needs him. The mating pull is affecting her. She needs to see him." Jacob growled and stepped closer when Leah grabbed his shoulder.

"Enough." Leah said and Jacob shrugged her off and stormed away. I sigh and we walked over to Mason and Jasper. Jasper was putting a cut up hotdog and some salad on a plate for Mason.

"Mummy." I kissed his head and grabbed a bowl and had some salad.

"Eat up sweetie." He nodded and ate his food.