Chapter 3 : Tensions Rising

Taehyung looked at her with widened eyes.

"Uhm, excuse me you must be mistaken" he said nervously. "My name is Kim Taehyung"

She looked and him and turned her head side to side.

"I know it's you. I know you want to hide it. But don't hide it from me. I feel so guilty for everything and I'm sorry Jae Won...." she continued to cry.

Taehyung stood in shock. He couldn't believe that one of them recognized him. But how? Was he not changed enough? Did he let something slip?

He pulled away from her and looked at her up and down.

"How ddddd- did you know" he said softly.

"Because I told her."

They both turned to see someone walking down the hallway towards them. Jeongyeon's expression softened and Taehyung's mouth dropped.

It was Jin.

"H...h... Hyung?" asked Taehyung confused.

Jin continued walking towards them until he made his way over to the two.

"Now before you freak out, or get angry at me allow me to explain myself" said Jin.

He then did something surprising and walked over to Jeongyeon. He wiped her tears and pulled her into a soft hug. If Tae wasn't confused before, he certainly was now as a mix of emotions filled him.

Jin and Jeongyeon turned to Tae.

"Jeongyeon and I have been secretly dating since we graduated from high school" Jin said.

"Hyung, I thought you hated them? You talked about how you despised them every chance you get when they were mentioned. But you're dating one of them?" yelled Taehyung in disbelief.

"Shocker right? Good cover up though. That way no one would suspect anything. And, don't worry, I don't really talk to any of the other girls. Jeongyeon caught my eye because out of the 9, she's the only one who ever felt bad about what they did to you before you left.

Here Jin Explains a Flashback to Tae

It was a week after Tae, who was still Jae Won at the time, left the boys. Jin had his stuff knocked over by the girls again. He groaned in annoyance as he picked up his books and pencil case. Suddenly another pair of arms began to help him. He looked up to see Jeongyeon helping him gather his things.

"What, back for more? Haven't you girls done enough already!?" Jin snapped.

She stayed silent while continuing to help him. He didn't think much off it, so he just let her be. He fathered his things and was about to turn away to leave when she grabbed his arm.

"I'm sorry. For everything they've done."

Jin turned to look at her.

"Are you apologizing? Do you know what you've put us through and you still have the audacity to-"

It was then Jin realized something. Whenever the boys were getting bullied by the girls, Jeongyeon always stood away from theme. Sure sometimes she'd laugh but normally she looked uncomfortable when the boys got picked on.

"I'm sorry okay? I know it doesn't mean much to you, but you'll never get an apology from them, so I'll do it on their behalf. You can yell at me all you want, because we deserve it anyways." Jeongyeon said, breaking Jin's train of thought.

She turned to leave when he grabbed her shoulder this time.

"Sorry for snapping at you. I've only come to realize that maybe you aren't so bad after all Yoo Jeongyeon" Jin said while smirking.