Chapter 22 : Seeing You

Her words rang through his head as a surprise.

"Did I hear her right?" Jimin thought in his head.

"H-how did you.. know?" he asked.

"Just answer me."

Mina gave him the most serious look that he's ever seen from her. It was not the shy and playful girl he saw everyday. It almost scared him. He placed his hands on her shoulders and set her down to sit near the desk he was at while he sat down as well.

"Yes. Jae Won is Taehyung," he replied.

"Why didn't you tell me...?" she asked.

Jimin let out a sigh before answering. He knew his answer would be typical and that she'd probably continue digging for information out of him.

"Look. I know you hate when we keep secrets from each other. Our relationship has always been built on trust. But this is something that my members and I had chosen and agreed to bury. We did this for Tae's sake. It was a favor to him. It wouldn't be brought up unless he asked us to..." he said.

He took her hands and held them in his.

"I'm sorry if you're upset Minari. I hope you understand," he said.

She released her hands from his grasp to cup his cheeks.

"It's okay. It's just-"

Her breath hitched. Jimin noticed she looked to be holding in a lot of self guilt.

"It's just... you know we all didn't exactly get along before we all became idols. Jae Won was the friend from your group who took things the hardest. After he suddenly left we...

Couldn't help but all feel so guilty," she replied.

He brushed his hands through her hair in an attempt to soothe her.

"Jae Won taught me that words can hurt people that day. No matter how I looked at it. Now that I know it's him... I just want to apologize," she said.

"NO!"

Mina looked up in surprise at his sudden outburst.

"Taehyung had us swear that we wouldn't tell anyone. I don't even know how you know this, but he cannot know that you know," he said.

She nodded in understanding. The two sat in silence for the moment. Not knowing what to say.

"Who else knows?"

She looked up to see him looking at her intently.

"Everyone. Except Tzu of course," she replied.

Jimin ran his hands through his hair.

"Aisshhhh... who the hell even knew that told you girls? It had to be one of the members. They're the only ones that know..." he said.

She sat in silence, nervous, and playing with her feet. Not making eye contact with him.

"Mina..." he said sternly.

She looked up to see him pouting.

Was it childish of him?

Definitely.

Did it always work.

Yup.

"Who told you?" he said as he leaned his face closer to her.

She giggled and pinched his chubby cheeks.

"You have to promise not to be upset when I tell you," she said.