Chapter 30 : Retrace Our Steps (Part 4)

Tzuyu laid in her bed that night, thinking about the events of the day.

She could still perfectly picture the look on Jae Won's face when she told him off.

At one point in her life, she remembered how head over heels she was for him.

What changed?

That question rang around her head all night.

"Was I really afraid that I was going to leave him? Or did my arrogance blind me from seeing the real view in front of me?" she thought.

For the past few months, she had grown indifferent towards him. After coldly. Only talked to him if she had to. Sometimes even ignored him.

But she wonders something.

A few months ago, the two of them were closer than family. They had been through it all together. Why was it so easy for her to turn on him like that?

Maybe the girls really were a bad influence to her all this time. It wasn't until she made fun of him for confessing to her that she noticed that not once in the past few months did Jae Won ever try to leave her or ignore her. Instead, he had always tried to act as if there was no barrier between them.

The barrier put up by Tzuyu herself.

How did things turn for the worst?

Tzuyu shook the thought from her head as she turned off the lamp at her nightstand.

She would figure her thoughts out tomorrow. But one thing was for certain.

She would first have to apologize to him.

===============================

RING RING RING

The school bell rung, signaling that class was bound to start soon.

Tzuyu walked through the halls with her 8 friends. However, she didn't join in on their idle conversations today. Her eyes scanned the hallways for one person.

"Yah, Chewy!"

Tzuyu turned once she saw Dahyun snapping her fingers near her face.

"I've been trying to get your attention for the past minute. What's wrong with you?" she asked.

Tzuyu simply shook her head. She didn't want to answer.

"Tzuyu? What's wrong with you today?" she asked again as the others seemed to take notice.

Tzuyu stopped in her tracks and smiled at the girls.

"You girls go ahead to class. I have some things I need to take care of," she said.

They all looked at each other and shrugged.

"Whatever you say Tzuyu," Mina replied as the 8 girls walked away from her.

Once they were out of sight, Tzuyu walked through the large corridors of the school. She couldn't see him anywhere. She wanted to call out for his name. It was then that she was shoulder checked by someone else, almost causing her to knock over.

"Aishh, watch where you're go-"

She stopped speaking. She saw who had shoulder checked her.

It was Min Yoongi.

"Oh. It's you," he said in a monotone voice.

His eyes peered at her as they faced each other. He had an intimidating aura to him. Almost like he was angry, but not showing it, yet you could tell that he radiates with fury.