Chapter 28 : Retrace Our Steps (Part 2)

Tzuyu was dropped off by her maid at Seoul Community Park the next day. She saw a small table with a group of kids around it. She approached them, assuming it was the program her mom had signed her up for.

She wasn't off to a great start that morning, as she tried to actually thank her mother for attempting to give her something fun to do this summer. Her mom immediately countered this, claiming she only signed her up to get her away from home.

"I wish Jae Won were here..." she thought to herself.

"Excuse me miss"

Tzuyu was quickly cut from her thoughts when she looked up. She had unconsciously reached the table without even noticing and was met by an older woman, who was smiling at her.

"Name?"

"Chou Tzuyu"

The woman scanned a clipboard filled with names before finally spotting Tzuyu's.

"Well miss. You'll be seated with those lovely young ladies over there," she said while pointing to another table a bit farther away.

Tzuyu looked on in that direction and saw a circle table with 9 chairs around it. However, 8 of them were already taken. She nervously and slowly approached the table as she made observations of the other 8 girls that were seated there, already conversing among each other. Based of their looks, Tzuyu could quickly tell that most of them were a bit older than she was.

She was nervous for sure. Aside from Jae Won, Tzuyu had never really made any friends. She was generally a very shy and introverted person. The only reason she and Jae Won were friends in the first place because of how outgoing and caring he was.

When a few steps away from the table, the girls stopped talking and slowly turned their heads towards her. Tzuyu stopped in her tracks, nervous about her next move.

She actually recognized the girls. They all went to her school.

3 of them were Japanese, by the names Mina, Sana and Momo.

The rest were Korean, with the names Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Jihyo, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung 

She also knew that they were considered the be quite feared at their school.

The majority of them were known to be a group of troublemakers, often picking on people and bullying them. They could do this with ease, simply because their group was so large.

Tzuyu generally made a note to herself to stay clear of their path at school. Being quiet and introverted often came to her advantage, making it easier to go about her way, unnoticed by them.

Tzuyu whimpered as she made slowly bowed to them.

"H-hi. I'm Tzuyu. Please treat me well..." she whimpered with her head down.

She suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder that made her jump a bit.

"Woah there scaredy cat, we're not gonna bite,"

She looked up and was met by Sana. Tzuyu often noticed at school that for someone who spent her time bullying others, she seemed quite bubbly and polite.

"Not yet at least,"

Tzuyu turned her head towards the direction of the voice.

She was met by three of them, giving her a cold stare.

Nayeon. Mina. And Jihyo.

Tzuyu quickly bowed to them.

"Mianhe..." she said.