Chapter 35 : Toss and Turn

Taehyung was laying on his bed.

He was still reliving the argument he had just had with Tzuyu.

His room was completely cluttered. Clothes were scattered everywhere. Various items normally on his desk were littered throughout his room. He had empty chip bags, noodle cups and beer cans scattered on the floor. At the edge of his bed, the only thing that wasn't broken or dirty was his journal. Next to it was a number of Polaroid pictures.

Taehyung held a few in his hand as his head faced the ceiling. His face didn't show any emotion. He tried to reminisce of the memories that he used to share and cherish with her.

He finally had the answer from her.

The one he's been looking for.

It's been years since he last saw her and he can't fully comprehend the words she laid on him.

He also didn't quite know how he felt about the whole situation.

Was it anger?

Or perhaps it was purely sadness.

There may be no concrete answer after all, but he was no longer sure how he felt about her.

He tossed the photos he held in his hand off of his bed. He groaned as he began to turn wildly in his bed, shuffling the things that were on top to the floor. The room get hotter than usual. It began to peak at his anger. He quickly turned to his nightstand and checked his phone.

1:34 AM

But more importantly,

No word from her.

However he expected it.

Why would she come back to him?

It's not like she knew he was Jae Won.

Even if she did, would that change anything?

He thought to himself...

"What if she did know it was me? Would she even believe me after I tried to hide it all this time?

And even if I did tell her...

Would she even be happy?

Or would she disappointed to find out that I'm not the same boy she lost those years ago..." he thought to himself.

He laid back down in bed as he wrapped himself in his blanket. He shut his eyes as he tried to sleep, knowing that despite today's events, he had a big day ahead of him with the group tomorrow in terms of recording.

A few minutes had passed and Taehyung was still awake. He found the heat unbearable. He threw off his blanket as it reached the other side of the room. He crazily brushed his hands through his hair as he began panting as he seated on the edge of his bed. He was profusely sweating as his heart rate increased. His right hand clutched his chest as he took even deeper breaths. He felt as if he was suffocating.

He tried to stand from his bed. However, after a few steps towards the door, he collapsed. The last thing he remembered was seeing her face through the range of scattered polaroids on his bedroom floor.

He blacked out while staring at her face. A sense of serenity fell over him, knowing that the last thing he saw before suddenly passing out was her face. He blacked out on his bedroom floor with a smile on his face.

================================

Little did Taehyung know, he was not the only one tossing and turning in bed.