Chapter 38 : Family

Jihyo brought Tzuyu in for a hug as the maknae calmed down. It pained her to see her like this. Just by Tzuyu shivering in her arms, she could feel her pain. She ran her hands through her hair and patted her back. Tzuyu then drew off of her, taking deep breaths.

"Tell me what's been on your mind Tzuyu," said Jihyo.

Tzuyu sighed before answering. Just thinking about her argument with Taehyung made her uneasy. Talking about it was bound to make her feel worse.

"What do I do unnie? I know he's out there. But what if he doesn't wanna see me anymore?" she said while holding onto her arms.

Jihyo sighed. She wanted to just tell her what she wanted to hear. It was hard for her and the members to know that the person Tzuyu was longing for the most was right in front of her this entire time. But of course she didn't know. Why would she? Taehyung hasn't spoken a work about it yet. Ever since the day Jin plopped into their dorm and laid the bombshell on them she has always wondered when he was planning to tell her his true identity. There were plenty of instances were Jihyo and the others were so tempted to just tell her themselves. But they knew that was wrong. Telling her was his right. And it was his right to choose whenever he wanted to do it.

"Just hang in there Tzuyu. I'm sure everything will play out correctly," she said.

Tzuyu looked up at her unnie.

"What makes you so sure? With all the dumb luck I always seem to have..."

Jihyo gave her a reassuring pat on her shoulder.

"You know that saying? That love always finds it's way back around? Well, I feel like that's in store for you. You truly held him dear to your heart and I'm sure he cares deeply for you too. So there's no doubt in my mind that you'll find him again someday," she said.

Tzuyu looked down.

"What makes you so sure that he even still cares for me?"

Jihyo clasped her hand tightly, rubbing her thumb against the surface of her hand.

"You always said that no matter what happened between the two of you, he would always be watching over you. Right? There's no doubt in my mind that he's been watching over you all this time. I'm sure he's watched you achieve your dreams with a smile on his face the entire time,"

Tzuyu looked at her with confusion.

"You seem so sure unnie,"

Jihyo smiled. She remembered the countless times that BTS and TWICE were performing in the same night, same show. She always noticed during their performances, whenever Tzuyu's part came up, she would quickly glance at the boys. And there Taehyung was. Flashing a wide grin over her.

"He truly is such a pure soul..." she always thought.

She still didn't believe all the pain she had caused him to go through. All he ever did was look out for Tzuyu to make sure she was never alone. And they bullied him for that. Claiming that someone like him didn't deserve to be around people like them. Looking back at it, she was right. He didn't deserve to be around them. He deserved so much more for being a careless and selfless person to Tzuyu. Showing her how to live her life. Teaching her to overcome her fears. Always making sure she had a smile on her face. What the hell was wrong with them back then? Did bringing him pain and sorrow allow them to gain anything? After all these years, all they can feel is regret. Knowing that this whole situation is probably happening all because of them.

Jihyo held Tzuyu's hand even tighter.

"This is why I think I should apologize..."

Tzuyu looked at her dumbfounded.