Chapter 14 - Falling

Art does not belong to me.

Guys, we hit 500+ reads!
Thank you!

Last chapter~

Paya told Link how she really feels, but had her heart broken when he couldn't accept her undying love.

Zelda's P.O.V~
Last full day at Kakariko

It has been a week, and is time for me and Link to depart. Tomorrow.

Paya has been deep in thought the whole time, not speaking to me or Link. But I have noticed her .... disappearing almost. She is nowhere to be found in that time, and seems to be the slightest bit happy when she returns.

I have asked her where she was going and if she was alright, but says that everything is fine.

She still has not told me what happened that night, along with Link.

Paya seems to avoid him at all costs, I'll even see her walk the other way if she catches a glimpse of him.

I am a terrible friend, to eavesdrop on her private conversation and pretend that nothing is wrong.

Besides that, we are more than prepared.

All the commotion and business has lead me to think of the future. I have a plan in my mind, which is not so.... clear. It's the basic idea, nothing more, nothing less.

First, we travel to the Divine Beasts and see what state they are in, as well as to see if my theory is correct. The theory being: Ganon is sealed away, meaning there is no need for the Divine Beasts as well as the Guardians. So, they no longer have the ability to be controlled or piloted, hence, they no longer function. And, finally, to ask permission to help in the rebuild of Hyrule. And then.... rebuild Hyrule I suppose. This plan sounds simple... but it is quite far from it. Personally I wish Robbie was here to help, but he had showed me the ways to check the ancient machinery. Not only that, I had spent a large amount of time looking over the guardians and divine beats, so I as well know plenty.

Currently, I am relaxing. All this running around has made me exhausted. Not only that, I.... I'm waiting for Paya. I am so worried for her, and I wish for her to come with us. I cannot bring up what happened, though. As much as I want to, it will upset her.

I enjoy the tranquility of Kakariko Village a last time before leaving tomorrow. I view the peaceful village as I sit next to an apple tree that stands tall near an ancient Shekiah shrine. Link, of course, right next to me.

Once again, Paya has gone missing.

Paya's P.O.V~
5 Days Prior
Present Time

I had woken up and honestly completely forgot what had happened. But after being alone with my thoughts for less than 3 seconds, it all came rushing back to me.

I am ignorant.

I immediately got up, knowing that no matter what I just needed to be alone, and far away from Link. Not that I hate him, it's just.... I feel from the sight of him I could just burst into tears.

I can't help Zelda since Link will be at her side at all times, but I..... I also have to think about what Link has offered. I don't know.

For me, it would be awkward and unpleasant. But..... an adventure. An experience. Something........ new.

That's is something I've yearned for a very long time.

All it's ever been is the same old style of the Sheikah, the rocky cliffs, and the pressure of being the next leader. New experiences and something that I'm not familiar with excites me.