Chapter 18 - A Journeys Beginning

Art does not belong to me.

Last chapter: We find out how Zirin really feels about Paya. Desperate, Paya takes advice from Impa.

Paya's P.O.V

I stand up and run through the doors, not looking back.

At the very top of the steps, I yell "LINK, ZELDA, WAIT!"

Zelda and Link seem to be getting their horses ready, and they stop to look at me. Well, Zelda did, not Link.

I run down the steps at full speed and say, "I want to come with you. I want to go on this journey with you... but...but I can't leave someone behind." I say, trying to catch my breath.

"Paya, who can't you leave behind?" Zelda asks me.

"A man, traveler, warrior, named Zirin." They're both looking at me now.

"Paya... can you vouch for him?" Zelda says with a serious look. "This journey is so much more than just a journey. It's the beginning of the rebuild of Hyrule. If this man is against rebuilding Hyrule...."
.
.
.
It takes me a minute to process what she's saying, but I know in my heart he's not that kind of person.

"Princess Zelda, I swear to you that this man, Zirin, is a good person who only has good intentions. He would never think to do something so terrible." I say with all the determination and confidence I have inside of me.

The serious look goes away, and she smiles. "Good, now go get your friend Zirin. We'll wait for you here."

"Thank you, Zelda!... But, before we go, I need to tell you why I've been avoiding you and Link. It's because-."

"I know." I look at her confused.

"What? How?"

"Well, that night I had happened to hear you guys talking."

'Happened?' I don't buy it. It doesn't matter though. I'm still embarrassed.

My face turns bright red, "O-oh."

"Alright I'm ready!" A mysterious voice calls out.

I turn to find Zirin with a packed bag and a big smile on his face.

"Zirin?"

"Oh, um, I couldn't sleep. I heard someone yell and, well, I kept listening and I heard the whole conversation.."

"Why does this keep happening to me?" I said out loud.

"Your name is Zirin, correct?"

"Yes, Princess."

"It's Princess Zelda. Anyway, Zirin, since you heard most of the conversation you'll know that this is serious."

"Yes, of course."
.
.
"Good. As you know, I am Princess Zelda and this is my royal knight, Link." Zelda says. She points to Link as she says his name.

I look over to Zirin who has a surprised look on his face. I have an idea of what he's thinking, 'She doesn't mean the princess and knight from the legends, right?'