Chapter 17 - Zirin's Feelings

Last chapter~
Zirin and Paya go look for a fairy that's told to live in the forest. They find it, and talk about Paya leaving. Zirin says if she wants to go she should go, but she still isn't so sure.

Link's P.O.V~

"A dragon?" After telling My Lady about the dragons I expected her to be skeptical.

"If we get a piece of their scale it fetches a high price." I explain.

"Yes, but, don't we have plenty of money?"

We stand in front of the entrance to Impa's at the bottom of the steps. It's dark, and the last night here at Kakariko. I had been thinking about our money situation, and decided that this was probably the best way to make money fast.

"Yes. For now. Money goes fast."

She looks concerned and then seems to give up, in a way.

"Well... You aren't one to lie. And your not wrong. We need to buy supplies constantly, and if we have the chance to sleep at an inn were going to take it."

Suddenly, a figure fly's behind Lady Zelda and hits her.

"AH!" She yells. She stumbles forward, and I catch her without a second thought.

She looks up at me, surprised, then quickly pulls away from me and straightens herself out.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes. What was that?"

I look up to see... "Paya."

She looks up at the door with concern. I think the Princess knows about what happened. Constantly looking for Paya, making sure she's ok, asking about her....

I can only assume the Princess found out.

Not that it really matters. I've already decided I wouldn't say anything and will face the consequences accordingly.

"Anyway...," Zelda starts talking after a moment of silence. "These dragons, how do we find them?"

Zirin P.O.V~

After me and Paya go our separate ways, I lay in my bed at the inn staring at the ceiling.

I met Paya a few days ago, and she was really nice to me. Since she was the only person I actually knew here, I wanted to become friends.

And honestly, I'm glad we did. Paya is fun, kind, quiet, and she's just close friend to me now, though I do have a crush on her.

And she's going to leave. It's not like I want her to, but I just want what's best for her. And if she really wants to go she should.

When she told me about this guy breaking her heart, I wanted her to know that I'm different. I wouldn't hurt her feelings.

Theirs one day left for me and Paya.... tomorrow will be our last full day together. I want to hug her, or maybe hold her hand.... but I don't think that's right. It will just be harder to leave that way, right?

Tomorrow I won't do anything romantic, I'll just be friendly. My heart wants to just say, "Hey I like you!", but, it will be a little hard to leave after someone says something like that.

I don't want to break her heart.

Paya's P.O.V~

To my surprise, Zelda was fast asleep when I woke up. I don't really want to get out of bed either...

Today... today is the last full day of Zelda and Link staying here and I... I really don't know what to do. I've thought about it a lot.

I slip out of bed, and decide that even though today is filled with sorrow, I will at least spend the day with Zirin.