Chapter 15 - Yellow

DUDE. WE HIT 700 READS!!! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!

Art does not belong to me.

Last chapter~
Paya, heartbroken, escapes  to her favorite place since she was a child. She meets a Sheikah man, and has come to enjoy his company. But, in 6 days, Link and Zelda will depart on their long journey. Paya struggles to make up her mind.

The day after Paya confesses. Link's P.O.V~

Paya told me how she feels and I don't feel the same. It was obvious how she felt to, but I never imagined her telling me.

I tried to avoid hurting her feelings, but I know I have. Last night, I had left before I had to say anymore, though, now that I think back, was quite rude of me.

It's the next morning, very early. I decided to stop guarding the entrance a bit earlier than usual, for I don't think Paya wants to see me. I also covered my hand with my sleeve, since My Lady will  scold me for going against her orders.

When Lady Zelda woke up, she had come outside to greet me. I walked up the steps and approached her right as she came outside. I figured she would have asked why I wasn't at the door but she said nothing...

Usually I would tell Lady Zelda immediately what happened, but I can't do that this time.... the Princess is really going to scold me now.

We immediately went to work.

We worked all through out the day, making meals, collecting plants and flowers, hunting, and much more. Later, I had realized Paya was... gone.... strange. Where could she be?

Did something happen?

I gazed around the village, looking for small details but nothing was different. There were travelers, merchants, the guards, and the people who called this place home. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm worried but... maybe she went to clear her head? Lady Zelda tells me Paya is very fond of nature in a way she can't explain. She might just be out in the woods.

Even so, I can't leave my Lady's side.

Current times.
Paya's P.O.V~

I woke up, and once again Zelda was up before me. I got ready and walked down the stairs, excited to see Zirin again.

"Hold on, child."

Grandmother talks to me suddenly just before I opened the door.

"Yes, grandmother?"

"Last night, you came back quite late. I don't know what your up to, but," her gaze softens, "come back a bit earlier."

"Yes grandmother." I agreed politely and opened the door.

As I walk down the steps, I realize Impa knows. I look over to see Zelda and Link making more food for their journey. Oh, how I want to go with them.

I quickly run, hoping they don't notice me, and remember that they will depart in 6 days. I suppose I have to make my mind up sooner or later....

I arrive to find Zirin sitting down crisscross, staring at the sky.

He turns around, and he seems surprised.