[16] Babies

"Lisa, eat your food, don't stare at it. It'll get cold," said Lisa's mother to her because she's been staring at her steak for too long now.

It was because Jennie's moans from earlier was stuck on her head like broken disk. She couldn't focus on anything and stared at nothingness.

While Jennie on the other hand, is keeping her head low, avoiding any eye contact from the family.

It was a deafening silence, until Lisa's mom broke it.

"So Lisa, I suppose you're now serious in your relationship with Jennie," the woman said with a serious tone.

"Yes, mom. Why'd you ask?"

"Well, don't you think it's time for you to give me grandchildren?"

"MOM!!" yelled Lisa to her mom.

It was a mess. You can hear Lisa grunting while her mom says her reasons why she's asking for it and on the side you can hear Nickhun's excessive laughter, while Jennie is coughing because she choked on her food.

"I'm only 21, mom. Why not ask Nickhun for it," Lisa said while rolling her eyes.

Nickhun's laughter died because of her sister's suggestion.

"Believe me I've been asking him to give me some but your workaholic brother doesn't even get himself a girlfriend."

"You're asking for grandchildren as if I can easily buy it in the mall, mom. And besides, our hotels are expanding. Dad needs help to manage it."

"Okay, let's quit the topic for now. Your dad is on his way home by now," their mother said.

"Why so early? I thought he attended a conference meeting?" Nickhun.

"The meeting got cancelled so he would be joining us for dinner."

Lisa got silent and lowered head to focus on her food.

Few minutes later, a man in a classy business suit walked towards the dining table.

and the first thing he said is,

"Lisa, have you made your decision?"

Lisa's grip to her fork and knife got tighter and tighter, which didn't go unnoticed to Jennie.

"You're not forcing her to that marriage thing again, are you?" Her mom spoke for her.

"That's the least thing she could do for our business. She's out there wasting money without helping the company to grow."

"Stop it honey, Lisa brought her girlfriend home can't you see?"

The father looked at Jennie's direction which made her feel uneasy.

"Believe me it won't last a week," then the man walked away leaving his family behind.

Lisa, feeling disappointed once again, stood up from her seat and rushed to her room.

"Hey, wait!" Jennie stood up to follow her, but the mother stopped her from doing so.

"Jennie, wait. It's okay. Give her time first before talking to her.

Jennie hesitated, looking back and forth at the woman's direction and Lisa's path. But then, she decided to sit down and let the girl be for awhile.

Nickhun silently finished his food and got up to go to bed.

It was silent until Lisa's mom broke it.

"Lisa wasn't like that before. She wasn't diligent. She never made troubles until when she was in highschool when she and her first girlfriend broke up. That same time, I got married again to Lisa's stepdad."

The petite woman got shocked with the information she received.

"She didn't liked the idea of me getting remarried. She began to make troubles and because of it, her stepdad disciplined her. Until few years ago she left the country and lived in Seoul," the mother said with so much sadness in her eyes.

"It hurts to see her like this. As a mother, I want the best for my child," she looked up to see Jennie with her pleading eyes.

"Please Jennie, i beg you to help lisa. Please promise me that you won't hurt her and won't leave her side no matter what. It hurts to think that she's lonely. It makes me feel like I failed as her mother," a tear escaped from her eyes.

All Jennie could do is to look at her and comfort her using her embrace.

"It's okay, ma'am. I'll take care of her. I promise."

How she wish she also has a mother as loving as Lisa's.

***

Night fell incredibly fast, Jennie, who decided to give Lisa a space, stood up from her seat and decided to go back to their room.

She knocked few times before entering, just to see the sight of Lisa silently sleeping like a baby. She tucked her to bed and wiped the few drops of it tears on her cheeks.

She stared at Lisa for few minutes, seeing clearly the girl's features which is illuminated by the Moon's light.

Jennie remembered the few days she spent with the younger. How she took care of her and saved her several crazy amount of times even though she can get pervy at times.

She smiled.

"Idiot."