[37] Vows

Third Person's POV

After the big revelation, Jennie hurriedly went to her cousin's condo unit. She, Jisoo and Rosé are now bickering because the hopeless romantic is now feeling hopeless about the situation.

"Are we really gonna do it? Like their wedding is in 3 days. Not to mention the venue is in Spain." Jennie said feeling pessimistic.

"Jennie, we can do this. If me and Lisa managed to pull something off the day before your wedding, then we can do it." Jisoo said. Which was true. Not to mention they were both intoxicated while planning it.

"But unnie-"

"No buts Jennie," Rosé butted in. "You just have to do what we say and have lots of courage to do it.  If you really love her then go for it." She continued with reassuring smile.

The sentiment calmed Jennie a bit. Can she really do it? She's the most shy person alive. She's doubting herself whether she can do it or not. Specially with that kind of plan. She's not even sure if she can come out alive.

That same day, they flew out of South Korea and headed to Spain.

~~~~

The day before the wedding.

Lisa was so nervous. Not just because of the wedding but also because she hasn't received any reply from Jennie yet. There's no way out. No reason for her to ditch this wedding.
As hopeless as she is, she called her soon-to-be bride. The two became closer because of the situation.

"Hello?"

"You're not supposed to call me, Lisa."

"I know but I'm nervous."

"Me too. I'm more nervous than you are  so stop being a pussy," Mina chuckled as she make fun of the sulking girl.

"I hate you."

"Me too." She smiles before hanging up. Mina's smile slowly faded away as reality hits her.  Tomorrow is the big day. Her beating heart is gonna bust any moment now.

Can they really do it?

~~~~~~~~

Wedding day

The weather is perfect. The breeze of fresh air greets the special guests invited. The historical church makes another history for this wedding event.

Everything is ready. The seats are almost full. Journalists outside the church tries to cover the whole ceremony.

The family of the brides are the happiest in there. Although Lisa's mother feels bad for her daughter, Lisa already assured her that it was her full decision.

Jisoo as the maid of honor again, but this time for Lisa's wedding. Questions are running around her head.
'Is Jennie gonna do it? She can't back out now can she?' She thought because when she left her cousin in the hotel, Jennie was about to have a panic attack. The success of this operation depends on her.

As anxious as the maid of honor, is the singer of this event, Rosé. She observes everyone from the piano side. She can clearly see her girlfriend fidgeting her fingers out of anxiety. They made an eye contact and gave Jisoo a reassuring smile. She mouthed "we can do this"  before proceeding with mic check.

Lisa on the other hand feels nothing at this moment.  She figured her life is now meaningless. She lost her first love. She'll be tied with someone she doesn't love. It's pointless to resist at this point.

"Stop sulking for goodness sake, Lisa." Jisoo who was standing beside her snapped her out of her trance.  "Everyone's gonna notice you're not happy on your wedding day."

"What's the point of smiling, Jisoo unnie? I don't know what to do with my life anymore." She sighed once more.

Jisoo feels bad for her friend. As much as she wanted to save her. It really is up to Jennie at this point.

Everything was set up. The event organizer runs around making sure everything is doing well. He told the guests to sit as the bride is already on her way. He showed everyone their designated positions.

"The limousine is on its way." He announced.

The ceremony began with flower girls and ring bearers walking down the aisle. Next were the maids of honor. Jisoo nervously walked. Slowly and slowly. Next was Lisa alongside her parents. Her mother and father smiled from ear to ear, but the bride herself can't even bear to curve her lips even one bit.

They were in their positions. All there is left t do is for the bride to come inside those double doors.

And so, the gigantic wooden doors opened, revealing a beautiful bride in a white dress. She slowly walked as people's eyes are fixed on her. Journalists never wasted a moment to get this important ceremony.

As the bride slowly walked down the aisle, those who are in a mission are so nervous. Even the Rosé who's focused on the piano and singing couldn't help but glance from time to time as if waiting for something.

The bride reached her destination. The bride reached for Lisa's hand and together they went to the altar.

"Dear friends and family of the Brides, we welcome and thank you for being part of this important occasion. We are gathered together on this day to witness and celebrate the marriage of  Lisa and Mina." The priest started. Everyone was silently watching the scene.

"Before i start this wonderful ceremony, if anyone opposes the love that these two are sharing, please come forward so your soul could be at peace." Asks the father. Everyone waited for few seconds. Those few seconds felt like eternity to Rosé and Jisoo.

Few seconds more.

And a second more but no one came forward.

The priest proceeded with the ceremony. He preached and gave wisdom to the couple.

Alas, it was time for their scripted vows.

Lisa is the one who wrote the vow. As she was writing it, she felt as if the words are empty. She doesn't mean any of it. She called Mina and they both agreed to write a vow that they wanted to say to their real loved ones. It may seem cruel thinking of someone else while saying it, but at least it isn't empty.

"Shorty, when i first met you, i thought to myself, how can anyone be this pretty. I asked myself if you were a goddess. But the more that i know you, the more that i confirmed you were a human. Vulnerable, fearful, flawed. And that's how i confirmed. I wasn't attracted to a goddess.  But in fact, i was in love with a human being. A human with full of scars. Yet those scars make you unique. I want to protect you and cherish you forever, shorty. And i really hoped you gave me a chance to do so, i know that  you can't but I'm still hoping. I love you."

The bride was tearful as she finishes her vow.

It was Mina's turn.

"Lisa, all i have to say right now is you're an idiot." Everyone gasped for such harsh sentiment by the bride. But all Lisa did was laugh

"I know, Mina."

"But I've always loved an idiot like you." Everyone was in awe because of that short but sweet vow.

The ceremony continued.

And for the last part,

"I now pronounce you wife and wife,"

"You may now kiss the bride," announced the priest.

Lisa lifted the veil that was covering the bride's face and everyone gasped once again.