[29] A Happy Birthday

Jennie's POV

It's been a week since that incident happened. A lot has happened in that day. From me losing my bikini top to coming across with that jerk.

But what surprised me the most is Lisa's reaction.

That's the first time someone cried for me. The first time someone saved me. First time someone actually cared for me. My heart could burst because of her words.

Seeing someone cry normally doesn't affect me. Maybe I'm a person without sympathy for others, but Lisa cried so hard that night, and it was because me.

This feeling is new. It's as if I'm not alone anymore. I could rely on someone. I'm no longer by myself.

Because I  have her now.

Ever since that day, she's been extra gentle towards me. Heck i can't even go out alone to buy an ice cream.

She's so annoying.

"What are you smiling about?"  She asks out of the blue. I didn't notice that I've been unconciously smiling.

Is this for real? I was smiling because i thought how annoying this bitch is?!

"N-Nothing. I'll go to the beach," i hurriedly put on my sandals.

"Wait. I'll come with you," she declared.

"Can you not? It's a broad daylight Lisa and there's a lot of people in the beach." i grabbed her hand and looked intently in her eyes. "No need to worry." 

"But, shorty..." there she goes again with her cutesy puppy eyes. I hate it!

"Argh! Okay. How about I'll stay in a spot that can be easily seen from the window? You stay here and look out for me from time to time, but don't watch me the whole time. i swear I'll smack your face," i compromised but with a little bit of a threat to discipline her annoying ass.

I saw her pout and sat on the sofa to sulk. It's freaking cute and i hate it.

I proceeded to go outside to get some air. 6 steps away from the house, i look back and i can see her tall figure watching me like a cat.

I stopped from my tracks and crossed my arms to let her know i am dipleased. She hung her head low and walked away. I chuckle at her childishness.

Today is a really special day for me. It's my birthday. A normal person would celebrate it, right? but i just couldn't. How could i celebrate the day that the woman gave birth to me died?

Maybe the only thing that i can celebrate today is I'm one day closer to death.

I can't be happy during my birthday.

But with Lisa beside me, it feels okay to be happy today. Her bright pure smile is really contagious. Is this some kind of a test? it's illegal for me to be happy, but there she goes with her childish  annoying acts that can make anyone smile.

I've never been this happy with someone. She makes me feel somekind of a feeling i couldn't describe, but one thing is for sure.

She makes me happy.

Do i like her?

But I'm straight.

But how the fuck will i know if I'm heterosexual or not if I've never liked someone before?

Argh! I'm so confused.

Maybe i do. Maybe i don't.

Before i realized, I've been watching the beach for more than an hour now and it's getting dark already. I decided to stand up and go back to the house when all of a sudden, someone put a cloth to cover my eyes. Fuck.