Stone Giants and Trap Doors

Amara once again woke the next morning before everyone else. Her dreams were full of shadows and fire, but this time spiders hidden in a dark forest also made an appearance. She got ready and was repacking her bag as a knock sounded on her door. She opened it to reveal Arwen.

"Here, Ada (Father) told me to give you this." Arwen said with a smile as she held out a letter. Amara embraced her sister and said farewell before shutting the door and opening the letter.

Ninya yendë, (My daughter)

I fear the white council will stop your quest before it has even begun. That is why I am advising you to leave immediately. Gandalf will follow you; I will make sure of it. Just remember, be careful in the mountains.

Lda Ada (Your father)

She double checked her supplies, secured her bag, quiver and knives and was up and out the door. She walked silently to where the dwarves were sleeping, staying away from the prying eyes of the other elves. She walked over to Fili and Kili and nudged them both awake. They both looked at her with tired eyes.

"We have to go now. Get everyone up quietly, I'll go get Bilbo. Get everything together and I will meet you back here." She quickly told them.

They both nodded and began to wake up the others. She silently crept to where Bilbo was sleeping, walked in and gently shook him awake. Once Bilbo was packed they went back to find all the dwarves up and waiting for them.

"Follow me and try not to make too much noise." Amara whispered.

They all nodded and she led them silently out of the main building and onto the back road that lead into the misty mountains without alerting any of the guards that they were leaving.

"This is as far as I can lead you. From here on out I do not know the way." Amara told Thorin.

He gave her a quick nod. "Be on your guard; we're about to step over the edge of the Wild. Balin, you know these paths; lead on." Thorin told the company.

Amara noticed Bilbo turn and look at Rivendell longingly. She knew exactly how he was feeling. But with the quest that lie ahead, they could not afford to long for home.

"Master Baggins, I suggest that you keep up." Thorin said as the company carried on, they had a long journey ahead of them.

It took them a week to cross the lands leading up to the misty mountains and by the end of it all but Amara were tired. They came across very few problems before they reached the mountains. A few orcs here and there, but never any packs. Their troubles however, truly started when they began to cross into the mountains.

They were walking on the edge of one of the peaks along a small trail that was narrow and dangerous; a sheer drop on one side and the mountain rising on the other. But that wasn't the only problem. They were in the midst of a thunder storm. The wind and rain lashing against them.

"Hold on!" Thorin yelled as the wind lashed them all against the cliffs.

Amara was halfway through the group with Kili, Fili and Thorin. The conditions were making the pathway treacherous, and most of the company had almost fallen over at one point or another. But this time it was Bilbo who would have fallen if it had not been for Dwalin pulling him back before he fell.

"We must find shelter!" Amara yelled to Thorin who was stood in front of her. He nodded briefly in agreement.

"Watch out!" Dwalin yelled as a massive boulder went flying into the mountainside above them. Shards of rock fell around them causing them to have to press against the mountainside.