Epilogue

A/N: If you've enjoyed this story you can buy me a coffee :) https://ko-fi.com/kat5591

___________________

It was not long after the funeral that Amara went back into the depths of the Lonely mountain to retrieve the chest full of the white gems of Lasgalen. She returned them to their home in the woodland realm, to Thranduil, who could not express his gratefulness in words. The only thing left of his late wife, other than Legolas, was finally back in his possession. A new alliance was formed between the elves of the woodland realm and the dwarves or Erebor.

Shortly after the new alliance, Amara and Legolas were married in the halls of Thranduil's palace. They were finally able to exchange their silver rings for slender rings of gold, worn on their right index fingers. The remaining members of the company of Thorin Oakenshield were in attendance, much to the elves displeasure. Even though they were now allies, they were still not fond of each other.

Bilbo and Gandalf left with Elrond not long after the wedding, to Rivendell and then back to the shire. Amara, Legolas and the dwarves promised to visit as soon as they could. 

The dwarves went in different directions, some went back to the mountain, some back to the blue mountains and some even went to try and reclaim Moria. 

Amara and Legolas were ever restless and spent most of their time for the next sixty years travelling Middle Earth.

Until a new adversary made himself known, and Amara's visions once again came true.