Another Fight

"Send word to Dol Guldur, Oakenshield has reached the Mountain and the she-elf has been captured!" Bolg snarled to the rest of the orcs. He turned when he heard the clash of blades.

Legolas had been chasing them; killing all of the orcs that stood in his way.

"GO!" Bolg told the other orcs. "You come with me." He then said to two of the others.

They began to walk away leaving Amara still strapped to the warg. She started to come around as they re-entered Lake Town.

Bolg and the other two orcs walked in-between the narrow rows of houses. They stopped at a cross in the path as Legolas turned the corner, coming face to face with the orcs. Rage crossed his defined features as he pulled Orcrist from its sheath. He began to walk towards Bolg but before he could reach him the other two jumped out from paths on either side.

As the closest orc jumped out, Legolas clashed his blade against his. In one swift movement he swung his sword out and round; pushing the blade through the orcs gut. The other one wasted no time in trying to attack but Legolas swiftly turned him round and pushed the butt of his blade into its throat. Legolas jumped backwards as Bolg swung his blade forward. He quickly regained his footing before swiping at Bolg who jumped back.

He went to strike again but the other orc had recovered from its earlier blow and caught his blade. Legolas swung, killing the other orc before trying to stab Bolg, but Bolg grabbed Orcrist. Legolas pulled on his sword but Bolg had a firm grip. His eyes met Legolas's before he pulled on the sword hard; sending Legolas flying into a nearby wall. Legolas groaned and tried to get up, only to be grabbed and swung into a nearby post.

Bolg went to kick him in the gut but Legolas grabbed his foot and used Bolg's own weight against him. The orc went tumbling backwards. Legolas jumped and punched him before grabbing his head and slamming it repeatedly into a post. He then shoved Bolg into another wall. Bolg went to punch Legolas, but Legolas dodged and went to punch Bolg. However, Bolg grabbed his arm and spun him round so he was locked in his arms.

Amara had regained consciousness and had managed to grab the knife she kept in her boot. Bolg had clearly forgot to disarm her of all her weapons. She maneuvered the knife and sliced through the bonds that held her hands before releasing her legs. She rolled off the warg and grimaced as pain shot up her side. A growling brought her out of her thoughts as the warg turned towards her. She held out the knife and plunged it into the wargs head as it ran at her. The warg crumpled to the ground.

Bolg started to tighten his arms cutting around Legolas, cutting off his air supply. Legolas managed to head-butt Bolg, causing him to loosen his grip. Legolas reached back and grabbed the first knife he could from his back. It was one of Amara's that he picked up before he left Bard's house. He slashed the knife across the orcs abdomen causing the orc to cry out in pain. But Bolg punched Legolas sending him backwards into a post. Legolas pushed Bolg off and went to stab him. However, the orc grabbed his hand and threw him into two other orcs. Bolg walked off, he was set on leaving with Amara. Legolas however, quickly killed the other orcs and walked forward picking up Orcrist. He stumbled and lent against a post; wiping the blood from his nose.

Amara struggled to her feet as she heard the sound of fighting in the distance. She went to go towards the sound but was cut off by an orc. She still had the knife clutched in her hand so she brought it up and slashed out; causing the orc to jump back. She swung again but it ducked and punched her. She tasted blood as she spun around; the knife this time meeting its mark. She pulled the knife out and wiped away the blood from her bleeding lip.

Amara heard Bolg approaching and ducked behind a building. He looked at the fallen orc and then to his dead warg. He roared in frustration and another two wargs ran out of the trees. To Amara's relief he climbed on one of them and rode off. She pushed her self forward until she heard a frustrated sigh and a smash. She rounded the corner to find Legolas, with his back to her, pulling his fist from a wall.

As Legolas watched Bolg ride off, he punched a wall in frustration. Bolg had Amara. His father's warning was spinning through his head. He had failed to keep her safe. The only person he truly cared for, the only person he truly loved, was gone.

He looked up when he heard footsteps and let out a sigh of relief as Amara came into view. He walked towards her and pulled her to him.

"He hurt you." He muttered running his thumb over her bruised cheekbone and her cut lip.

"I am fine." She said with a small smile.

"I thought I'd lost you." He murmured running his thumb absent mindedly over her cheekbone. Before she knew what he was doing, he lent down and connected their lips. He pulled back and rested their foreheads together.

"Gi melin. (I love you.)" He said.

"Gi melin. (I love you.)" She replied before threading her hand into his hair and pulling his lips back down to hers.

He pulled away all too soon before taking her hand and pulling her towards a horse.

"Where are we going?" Amara asked as he mounted the horse.

"Those orcs bore a mark I have not seen for many years. We need to follow them." He said as he held out his hand. Amara glanced back towards Lake Town and the mountain before taking his hand. He pulled her onto the horse behind him and she wrapped her arms around his waist as they set off after Bolg.