Lesson Thirteen

Lesson Thirteen - The Secret To Having It All Is To Act Like You Already Do.

There was absolutely no other way to describe how I was feeling, other than I was hungover and pissed.

When I was finally able to get my mind to think I thought about the situation last night. Everything was calm in our very fucked up but rich City. I might not have known about Riker's family but at least it was under the radar and they kept it under wraps. I had far more respect for that than I did Zane's family.

The boy was just home and he was already causing shit.

Shit that I didn't want to deal with but I knew fine righty I would be dragged into in no time at all.

Actually screw that, I was already dragged into the middle of it.

Slamming my brothers car door closed with so much force Damon looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

If it wasn't for the fact that I was the one that did all the work on his car he probably would've yelled at me. Just last week I watched him lose his shit at some football player who almost missed a catch near his car.

Was waiting for dad to have to cover up another law suit thanks too my twin brother.

"I know your dying but there's no need to take it out on my car." Frankly this was probably the first conversation me and Damon have had since he told me about his secret little life.

A secret that I was still a bit pissed that he kept from me but life was too short to not move on. Didn't mean I still couldn't act like a little brat just to be annoying when I wanted to be.

We were twins after all.

"Shut up." Was all I said as my brain was processing to many thoughts to come up with anything smarter to say.

Damon sighed as we walked side by side into the school. "Are we going to talk about what you found out?"

Looking at him through my sunglasses, they were the only things stopping my head from exploding in the sun. "What about it? Your not the first person to be up to something with Zane Knight, and you won't be the last. Just keep me out of it."

He nodded with a smile on his face, he knew I wouldn't stay pissed at him for something like that. "I knew you couldn't be mad at me."

He grabbed my head and put me in a headlock as I tried and failed to get out of his grip. Kicking him in the back of the leg and he was quick to let go almost crying in pain.

"I can't be mad at you, you idiot." I glared at him as I started to fix my hair. Not that I had put much effort into it today anyway. "I was annoyed that you didn't trust me enough to tell me in the first place but I wasn't mad."

"Sorry about that." He looked down at his feet as we walked in through the school doors. He did look genuinely sorry that he hadn't told me something but at the same time I understood why.

It sometimes wasn't easy to tell someone something when you didn't know how they would react.

"It's fine just don't keep anymore secrets from me." Shoving his shoulder I kept the mood as light as possible, showing him that I didn't mind really.

It seemed to really bother him.

"Of c-"

Damon was cut off short when we heard people cheering only a few mere feet in front of us. I pulled my sunglasses off and set them on top of my head in order to get a clearer picture.

Just by the atmosphere I knew I wasn't going to like what I seen.

People were crowed around a fight I had gathered that much but there was something off about the situation. The teachers were just standing there looking uncomfortable almost like they didn't know what to do. That's when I pieced it together.