Lesson Twenty-Five

Lesson Twenty-Five - Be More Than What They Can See.

A week later Riker is sitting in my living room watching a movie with me. He had been coming over a lot more often lately and I didn't know what to think about that. At first it was weird and I just sat and gave him weird looks the first time he just sat with us. Now though I was starting to get used to it but I was still on edge. There had to be a reason for his new behaviour.

He claimed he was here to see my brother but most of the time Damon wasn't even here. He was probably away causing havoc where ever he went. His partner in crime though was sitting right beside me.

"Will you stop looking at me. You're starting to make me feel uncomfortable." Riker didn't even look at me as he spoke. His hand was rested on my calf as my legs were lying across his lap. His touch burned but in a good kind of way though I wasn't going to tell him that any time soon.

I scoffed at his comment. Never before had I heard anyone make him uncomfortable. I'm didn't even think it was possible at this point.

"Don't you have a club to run seeing as your brother is away?" I wasn't lying as I remembered his brother Ace was away to London for some 'meeting' as Riker called it. It was probably something to do with there criminal empire though.

He was currently on his phone with a bored look on his face. Didn't the future Heir of the Mafia not have something better to do than sit here with me. Though I probably had other stuff I should've been doing as well, than sitting here watching tv all day.

"The gang will be alright I doubt it's going to get attacked again anytime soon." He gave me a pointed look it was the first time he had looked up to met my gaze in a while. His hand on my leg burned even more. "Plus the last time it was because of Zane Knight and I doubt he is going to pull that stunt twice after what you did the last time."

"I haven't actually seen Zane for a while." I said thoughtfully. It was the truth, we might not be as close as we once were but I do sometimes worry about him. It's hard not to when you spent so much of your time with someone. Sometimes I was happy he was back but other times I wished he left again. It would just make my life so much easier if he completely left. Then I wouldn't be tempted to go looking for him or to talk to him. I wouldn't actually do it though. At the end of the day the further away from my life Zane stayed the better.

I noticed that Riker's grip on my leg had gotten tighter and I looked up at him to see that he was giving me a hard stare.

"What?" I asked confused. What was his problem now then it clicked. Him and Zane weren't what you would call best friends if Zane attacking Riker's hideout didn't prove that. Sometimes I thought I was the only one stopping the two from killing each other. Then I laughed at the thought and pushed it away. They didn't care enough about me to put me in the middle. After all to the world I was Zane's ex girlfriend that broke his heart and at the end of the day I was nothing to Riker. Sometimes I didn't even think we were friends yet here he was sitting with me in my own house.

"Nothing." Riker's jaw was hard and his voice flat as he pushed my legs of him. I looked at him confused but moved my legs anyway. What was his problem now.

"Miss Lyra."

I looked up to see Richard our head butler standing at the doorway with a slightly pained look on his face. I knew what ever he was going to say next I wasn't going to like it. I knew that look and it normally meant something that involved my mother.

"Yes?"

"Your mother is here to see you."

I groaned out in annoyance like a child and threw myself back in the seat. I was looking up at the ceiling hoping that there was a God out there somewhere and that he would save me. Of course though my prays weren't answered as my mother burst her way through the doors.