Lesson Fifteen

Lesson Fifteen - Fear Is A Reaction. Courage Is A Decision.

The aim was to stay away from everything and anything to do with Riker Kennedy and Zane Knight.

So far it was working.

It has been four weeks since either of them had even tried to talk to me. I was pretty sure they got the hint when I told them I wanted nothing to do with their lives.

Even though they should've gotten the hint long before that.

My mothers wedding to Riker's dad was getting closer and I was running out of time on how to make sure it didn't happen. At this point I didn't even know if I cared anymore.

One part of me was telling me that if I just acted like they didn't exist then their lives would never clash with my own. That was the normal teenager in me, telling me that little white lie.

Then I would think about the Kennedy family having shares in our empire and I know that something needs to be done. That was the side that was winning and I knew myself better than anyone to know that this was the side that was going to win.

Growing up quick was something that I had to do a long time ago. I didn't have time to pretend to be a bratty teenager like the rest of my year seemed to be.

"Hey pretty girl."

Snapping out of my thoughts as I walked out of the shop I turned my head towards the rough voice. Everything in my body told me that I was stupid for even looking in that direction but he had caught me off guard when I was in my own world.

When my eyes landed on the person who had called out to me I was quick to see that there was three men. All off them where looking at me with a knowing grin on their faces. I couldn't tell if it was because they recognised me or if it was for another reason but what I didn't know was that I didn't like it one bit.

At one in the morning this whole situation was giving me bad vibes and I knew I was going to get a lecture from my dad when he found out about this.

He had always told me that I shouldn't be going out by myself at this time. It had nothing to with the fact I'm a girl, it was more to do with the fact of who I am and who I was connected too. There was so many people out there who could use me to get to one person or another.

Grabbing my keys out of my back pocket I quickly walked over to my car. Making a point of completely ignoring them hoping that they would get the hint to leave me the hell alone.

For once in my life I wished my mind was wrong about this whole situation and that they were just a couple of guys who were trying their luck with some poor soul.

As I pressed the button to unlock my car the lights flashed but I felt someone grab me from behind. My first reaction was to drop my stuff to try and rip their hand away from my mouth.

Panic set through me when I realised that there was a cloth and the faint smell off chloroform.

Before I could even do anything else the right lost my body before it even begun and the whole world went dark.

*********************************

(Riker's POV)

"Riker!"

Rolling my eyes at the sound of my name being shouted I continued what it was that I was doing. It wasn't long before my name was called out again but not once did I react to my brothers voice. In fact I did nothing but flat out ignore it hoping that he would get the hint.