13 - Bloody Knives

✧Previously on Chapter Twelve✧

CHAPTER WARNINGS:
- There is mention of blood
- Mention of stabbing

Stan shot a couple more arrows at Malum's body as a precautionary measure just to make sure she wouldn't get up and do any more magic. After the first arrow landed through her heart, she fell to the ground and immediately lost all the magical connections she had built up. The triangle collapsed, the fire borders disappeared, and the energy she was harnessing from all the wolves returned to them with a big gush of wind. Harry, who had the black fog entering his body, remained on the ground completely limp, not having moved at all since Malum had been shot at.

Louis felt a breath of fresh air when he looked at Stan and his Eta's, smiling just a little bit when he realized they had came to save them all. The triplets and the other three alphas were still sitting on the floor in mere shock, looking over at Stan like they couldn't believe he was there, and also looking at him in pure confusion because they honestly had never seen a human come to the rescue for wolves. Louis looked over at all the children and took a quick look to make sure they were all okay before he was rushing to his feet and running over to Harry's unconscious body. He didn't think twice about getting Harry in his arms and cradling him to his chest, nearly letting out a cry when he finally got to touch his mate again after going weeks without doing so. And even though Louis felt everything inside of him warm up to finally being within touching distance of his mate, there was something about Harry that did make his heart nearly stop.

Harry looked pale.

Stan dropped his bow and arrow by his side and started walking over to where Malum was laid flat on the ground when everything seemed to be normal and no one was in danger anymore. She had an arrow in her heart, along with a few scattered around her body. She still had Louis' claw marks running down her chest and multiple alpha bites on her. She was genuinely beaten up from the looks of it, but Stan knew that with a witch as powerful as she was, he had to be on his toes. He pulled out a knife that had an engraved snake for a handle and used that to carve a circle around the arrow that was stabbed through Malum's heart. He left the knife there once the engraved circle met back with its end, and then he began twisting all the arrows that were inside her body. Aidan, Braelynn, and Rhea all stood up from the ground and watched curiously at what Stan was doing to the witch, taking careful steps forward while Stan continued to twist the arrows.

"What's he doing?" Braelynn questioned, quiet enough as to not distract Stan.

"He's draining her power," Max spoke up, rising to his feet as well and following Leila and Alex over to where Stan was crouched by Malum.

"How?" Braelynn frowned.

"The arrows are laced with a venom that deteriorates magic. The knife is a soul trapper," Leila began to explain, glancing over at the triplets confused faces. "We thought those weapons were destroyed, though."

Aidan raised his eyebrow. "Who destroyed them, and for what reason?"

Leila let out a sigh and turned back to what Stan was doing, running her fingers through her hair. "We made sure they were destroyed." She then turned back to the triplets. "They are weapons that destroy magic, as in, if they were used on wolves, it would destroy the magic that we have inside our bodies from the werewolf spell. It could've killed us."

"We didn't know it could be used against a witch though," Alex then noted, eyeballing the emblem on the knife. "Lucas," he muttered, knowing the snake represented the symbol of a hunter. "The Lucas family was created by the witches to hunt wolves, but in reality, they hunted all supernatural creatures - witches and wolves. So they created weapons that could destroy either one."