18 - Use the Elements

✧Previously on Chapter Seventeen✧

Dusk was settling in with a warm, orange glow casting all across the sky. Some of the light was filtering into the bedroom where Harry currently was, laying on the bed, covers tucked around his body while he watched day turn into night. It was a peaceful moment, seeing the bright, green trees turn into dark silhouettes and seeing the cozy sun turn into a bright moon. It might have seemed so peaceful, at least, that was what Harry had been trying to convince himself for the past few hours, but he knew what chaos was about to come. At any moment, while the sun and the moon were still resting in the sky, Harry would be going off into the woods to test his new magic. Louis figured it would be best if Harry had both phases of the day and all the elements of nature surrounding him so Harry could properly learn how to control everything. Except, since Louis nor the children would be allowed to go with Harry out there, considering they are supernatural beings that trigger the worse out of Harry's magic, they compromised and allowed Stan to tag along. Stan was a human, and his family came from a long line of people who have done extensive research when it came to magic and witches so he would provide the right amount of information to help Harry learn about his magic.

It was comforting to Louis to know that he had Stan going out there with his mate. He really wasn't too keen on Harry going out there by himself. It wasn't like there were any threats anymore, or any known ones. Louis knew that there were still stray wolves around that don't necessarily like the original packs, and considering Louis' was the last one standing, he wouldn't be surprised if those crazed wolves came after them. Not like he really expected it or worried about it, but he liked knowing Harry was going with Stan. At least Stan knew how to hunt and defend, and Harry sort of did so they weren't going completely unarmed out there. Plus, if anyone knew about Harry becoming a witch, that could put his and everyone in the pack's life in danger. Wolves and witches don't get along, but better yet, wolves and humans don't get along so it was very important that only a selected limit of people knew the true secrets about Harry.

After Harry stared out the window for a good amount of time, seeing the perfect mixture of night and day in the sky, he threw the covers off his body and decided to head downstairs. He could hear some sounds coming from the dining area, and when he walked over to see what's going on, he saw that his family was gathered around the table. Aidan was setting a bowl of mashed potatoes down next to a freshly hunted and cooked deer. That was probably caught this morning. There was also a few other plates with various sides to go along with the deer, and when Harry looked at everyone, he raised his eyebrows.

"What is this?" He questioned, hesitantly stepping forward when his children's eyes all flicked towards him.

Louis was the one who moved first. He scooted his chair back from where it was sat at the head of the table and stood up. He walked over to Harry, wrapped his arms around Harry's waist, and leaned up to press a kiss to his lips. "It's a family dinner," he responded with a smile. Louis kept one hand on Harry's lower back and guided him to the chair at the other end of the table, pulling it out for the boy and slowly guiding him to sit. "It's our first one."

Harry tilted his head, slightly confused and slightly endeared. "Oh, okay." He took his seat and watched Louis walk back to his own. Then all his children start filling their plates, Louis shortly following, and Harry just continued to sit there and watch everyone. "This is ... nice."

Rhea smiled as she sliced a piece of deer meat to place on Harry's plate for him. "Thank you, papa."

"Did you hunt this meat?" Harry wondered casually, thanking Rhea with a smile when she handed a full plate over to him.