15 - First Hunt

✧Previously on Chapter Fourteen✧

Louis had not taken his eyes off of Harry since he was randomly thrown out the bedroom window. Louis still had no idea how the hell a look from Harry could make him fly across the room. He still wasn't sure if it was actually Harry or if there was still some weird magic looming in the air, but either way, he knew that the way Harry reacted and the wind that made him crash through the window had to be connected with one another. Louis remembered so clearly that Harry started to get overwhelmed while they were kissing on the bed. One second Harry was in to it, and then the next, he was pulling back from Louis and spazzing in his spot. It only made sense that the reason Louis flew out the window was because of Harry, and Louis was starting to wonder that if the weirdness Harry had been feeling since coming back to life had been this strange thing.

Ed was still recovering, and he had been dead a lot longer than Harry was, but he still wasn't acting entirely too different. His days were off, and some nights he woke up screaming, and some days, he was so dissociated from his body that he didn't know what was going on, but other than that, he never had weird body seizures. Harry had been dead for not even a day, for not even an hour, and all of a sudden, he was acting strange. It was almost like Malum was still controlling him, and the thought alone was enough to frighten Louis. He swore Malum was gone. He watched all of with his own eyes Malum's magic getting sucked into a knife and then Malum's soul doing the same thing. There was no way she was back. Everything that Harry was feeling and the strange way he was acting was purely Harry. There was something new running through his veins, and Louis was able to feel it as well now that he was aware of the difference in Harry's actions. Louis wasn't able to pinpoint what it was that was now in Harry's body, but it felt different, and it left Louis wondering just what the hell Malum had done to him before they died.

The sun was just setting out past the horizon of the trees, and Harry and Louis were walking over to a bench on their front porch. Louis had Harry drawn in tightly to his side with an arm slung around his shoulders, and the minute the two of them were finally sitting, Harry curved his body against Louis' chest. The two of them sat there and watched their children out in the front yard messing around with Leila, Max, and Alex. Since the full moon had passed, Braelynn and Rhea never got to turn into a wolf because they got caught in the mess of the spell. For days, the two girls had been harassing Aidan on how he had turned in the first place, but every time the question came up, Aidan truly didn't know how he did it. It was quite amusing to Louis watching the children argue, but it took a lot in Harry to not get involved and make everyone place nice.

"I just want to know how you bloody turned," Braelynn groaned after the umpteenth time trying to turn. She sat back on her thighs and looked up at Aidan with a frown, blowing air on her face so her hair could fly away. She was covered in dirt and had a scratch on her arm from trying to jump into her wolf, but still, nothing had been successful, and she was getting angrier every second she remained a human.

Aidan shrugged helplessly in response. "I don't know, B. I just did it."

"Yeah, I get that," she huffed annoyed, standing up and swiping her hands down her legs to get the dirt off. "I'm an alpha. I should be able to turn easily."

Rhea sighed from where she was sat on the porch steps. "Maybe we have to wait for the next full moon," she wondered thoughtfully, looking up at the sky and seeing a half moon. "Since Malum took over our last one."

"Nah, you should be able to turn whenever." Max left Alex's side and instead walked over to where Rhea was sitting. He took the spot next to her on the step and placed a hand on her shoulder, both Harry and Louis' eyes widening at the act. "You just need to think about turning and letting your alpha take over."