16 - Possessive Alpha

✧Previously on Chapter Fifteen✧

 Author's Note: I would say this is where the story starts to take a twist a little bit. The series has been heavy on werewolves, but now we are diving into something new. I hope you all enjoy it. I had fun doing my research and getting creative.

Also, I'm sorry it took me forever to finally post this chapter. I've been really dedicating to updating this series to make it better so I started with Book 1. I finally made it to this book a couple months ago, and I revised it as best as I could. Again, I'm not a writer. I don't even like writing, but I like writing this kind of material. Hope you enjoy the new chapters that are coming.

Louis paced around the living room, anxiously, and kept flickering his eyes towards the second floor just expecting something - anything to happen. He could hear Harry sleeping soundly in the bed, his soft puffs of breaths and the steady sound of his heart beat was enough of a sign for Louis that everything truly was normal, right now. But, Louis was worried. Actually, Louis was in fact freaking the fuck out. It was twice now that he watched his mate spazz out and fly people across the room. The first time could have been a mistake on Louis' part, but watching it happen for a second time, he knew there was something going on in Harry. He knew something had to be possessing his mate.

The over influx of emotions was enough to have Harry fling Louis out the window. Louis understood that diving right into sex just after Harry's weird death with Malum may have been too much for Harry to handle, but wolf howls? Louis had no idea why wolf howls was a trigger for Harry to snap into his weird trance with glowing eyes. There was no explanation other than Malum. Even when Louis questioned Harry about it, all Harry said he remembered was sleeping and then the wolf howls scaring him awake. He said it reminded him of the time Malum forced him to constantly turn back and forth into a werewolf, and he remembered trying to howl in his wolf form to get anyone to hear, but Malum had locked him in an invisible force field so no one could hear him. It was heartbreaking to hear, but it really didn't help Louis come to any conclusions other than that the wolf howls gave Harry PTSD.

Louis tried figuring out himself why Harry reacted in that strange, mystical way. He remembered when Harry got overly emotional or excited, he went crazy, or when he was scared or heard wolf howls, but other than that, all Louis could conclude was that Harry hadn't been himself since he rose from the dead. Louis was obviously concerned for his mate, but Harry, he didn't seem too bothered. Most of the time he just slept it off, or he brushed the subject away, but Louis simply couldn't ignore something as serious as Harry losing control of himself. Louis wasn't too fond of seeing Harry seizure up and then having glowing eyes. He couldn't sense any pain or discomfort from the boy, and he really didn't feel another presence inside of Harry's body so it was completely up in the air about why Harry was flying people across the room.

With a huff, Louis finally stopped pacing and decided to walk up the stairs to see his mate. He smiled when he saw Harry laying on the bed snuggled in a blanket, clutching Louis' pillow to his chest and looking completely relaxed and soft. Louis walked over to the side Harry was sleeping on and carefully sat on the edge of the mattress, leaning down to press a kiss to Harry's temple and placing a gentle hand on the curve of his waist.

"Harry, baby, wake up."

Harry let out a groan and tried burying himself deeper into the mattress. Louis giggled softly and trailed his fingers down the side of Harry's face, smiling when Harry's nose wrinkled in protest.

"H, I know you're tired, love, but we need to keep trying to figure out what's going on." Louis fingers trailed underneath Harry's jaw, and he gently angled it up so Harry's closed eyes can glance his way. Louis smiled when Harry slowly started to crack them open. "You've been asleep for awhile. It's time to wake up."