Eight

At around ten o'clock, Jay arrives at the door. She's beyond nervous, she hasn't seen Louis in forever. Only pictures. She wants to hold him, and never let him go. She knows she made a mistake years ago, and she is going to try, and make up for it everyday of her life.

She gently knocks on the door, which causes quite a loud noise. She smiles as the door starts opening, but it drops when she realises its Mark.

He leans against the door frame, and takes a swig of his third beer of the morning. "Never thought I'd see you again..."

"I didn't think either," she says, and raises an eyebrow, "I thought when you took my son away from me, it was to look after him. Obviously you didn't do a very good job..." She crosses her arm over her chest.

Mark scoffs, "You're pathetic, Jay. Come inside, and get your brat."

Jay clenches her jaw, and reluctantly walks in after Mark.

"Louis! Your mother's here!" Mark tells from the bottom of the stairs. Bentley comes down first, a bag in each hand.

"You must be Louis' best friend!" Jay exclaims, and smiles at the boy.

He nods, shyly. "Yep, that's me."

"By the way," Mark starts, turning his body to Jay, "Have I told you yet, that you're looking amazing for your age?" Mark smirks at her, and Bentley scrunches his nose.

"Awe, Marky," Jay says, pretending to be flattered, before going back to an expressionless face, "wish I could say the same about you," she says sassily, and gives him a fake smile.

And then Louis is walking down stairs, a back pack over his shoulder, and a wide smile spread across his face.

"Mum!" he smiles, and jumps down the last few stairs to run, and hug his mother. She smiles, and hugs him back tightly. Noting how tiny he is.

"I've missed you so much!" Jay says, into his fluffy hair, kissing him softly on the head. Just like she used to do when he was little.

"I can't believe you're here! I'm so excited!" Louis says, releasing her from the hug.

"So am I, darling... How about me and your friend take your bags out, whilst. You say goodbye to your father." she tells him.

Louis nods, "Okay, sure."

After Bentley, and Jay had made their way out of the room, Louis looks over at his father.

Mark has a blank expression on his face, he takes a sip of his beer, "I can't belive you're leaving me, Lou..."

Louis looks at the ground, and bites his lip, "I'm sorry, dad."

Mark sniffs, as tears spring into his eyes. "I understand, though... Just please come, and visit me, Lou. And bring your boyfriend if you get into a relationship."

Louis gives him a small smile, and nod. "Will do, dad."

Mark purses his lips, and puts the bottle of beer down on the ground, and opens his arms.

Louis runs into the hug, and let's a tear fall down his face.

"I love you, Lou."

"I love you too, dad"

Hope you liked this chapter! Xo