Thirty-Six

Harry burries his head in his arms, as they lean on the table. Niall, Liam and Zayn sit around him, only Harry, and Liam drinking.

"What happened, Harry...? We need to talk about this. " the blonde asks, carefully.

Harry shakes his head, still not looking up.

He had dropped by at Niall, and Liam's house crying. And later begged them to go to the pub with him. He hadn't told them what was wrong. They just assumed it was about his dad. Which, it kind of was.

It was around six o'clock now, so Harry had been out most of the day. He had received a message from Jay, to which he didn't reply to.

He had also got a message from Louis, but he didn't open it. Too scared there would be more mean things said.

After a while, Harry sits up to have a drink. He's on to his third beer, after his two shots.

"Harry... Please. Tell us what happened. We want to help you," Niall reaches over, resting his hand onto Harry which is holding the beer. The other boys watch him intently, searching his eyes for any emotion.

"It's Louis."

"What about him? Is he okay?" Liam asks, scooting his bar stool closer to Harry.

Harry shakes his head, letting out a dry sob. "No. He is not. It's all my fault too."

"What did you do?" Zayn asks confused.

"You know what I told you guys... To keep a secret about?" Harry starts, looking pointedly at Niall.

The boys all nod. Harry had told them all in a group chat. They had all been supportive, as always. But a little worried about the outcome.

"I broke it off... I thought it was for the best, guys. I honestly did. I thought maybe he'd find someone new, be happy. I didn't want him to live a lie..."

"Oh, Haz. I'm so sorry. I know how much he meant to you..." Liam says, holding one of Harry's hands, as  Harry purses his lips.

"I loved him, goddammit! I love him..." Harry's eyes widen. "But I broke it off, and he didn't talk to me..." Harry hiccups, and takes in a few deep breaths, "and then this morning... It was so bad guys," Harry closes his eyes, and blindly reaches out to grab the pot of beer, sculling down the remains of it. "I need another one..."

"Do you think that's a good idea, Harry?" Zayn asks, "maybe you should have a soda or water?"

Harry shakes his head, "I want a beer," he gives his friends pleading eyes, "please."

Liam hesitantly nods, getting out of his seat to go order another beer from the bar.

"Keep going, Haz. What happened this morning?"

"He yelled at me..." Harry swallows, "I never thought he would. I deserved it... I know I did. What he said was so harsh, but I did deserve it."

"What did he say?" Niall asks him, worried, he hasn't seen Harry like this in a long time.

"He told me my father was right," Harry's starts shaking, and bites his lip, "that I was a worthless fag. That my father should've beaten me more..." Harry takes a deep breath.

"Oh, Harry! That's horrible!" Zayn says, standing up, and moving closer to Harry. He wraps his arms around him.

Harry sobs, "he doesn't know everything though, guys. He was angry. I understand."

Niall shakes his head, "still not okay to say that to you, Harry. No matter what. Will you ever tell him everything? "

Harry bites his lip, and slurs out, "I shouldn't of hurt him... I love him. And no, I dont think so... "

Liam gets back with the beers. One for him, and one for Harry. And a coke for Zayn, and Niall.

Harry takes the beer, thanking his friend, before sculling it also. Only getting a few mouthfuls down, before putting it on the table.

Harry clumsily pulls out his phone, wanting to see what Louis had messaged him.

He opens the messages, and reads through it.

Louis:
Haz. I'm so so sorry for what I said to you. It was horrible. I feel awful. I'm disgusted in myself. Look, you deserve nothing but happiness. Please, please, please don't think I actually meant that. I was just so angry... I heard you, and mum last night. I was upset too I guess. I'm so sorry. 💙

Harry shuts off his phone, heart beating in his chest. Louis heard him, and Jay. He starts crying all over again. He deserved what Louis said, he would even deserve to be beaten more. Just like Louis said.

"I wanna go home," Harry sobs.

"Do you want me to take you home, Haz?" Zayn asks, watching his best friend break down once again. "Or do you want to stay at mine? I can look after you... You wouldn't have to face Jay, and Louis."

Harry shakes his head, sniffling, "no... I wanna go home. I hate myself enough as it is then to not face my own problems," Harry slurs.

"Okay... Then how about you come to mine, have some water sober up, and then go home?" Zayn asks, concerned about his friend in this state.

"Okay."